Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aphid infestation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW can snails drown in pool water?

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well they can.......the problem is they can crawl out of the water no matter which container they are in.......the best solution to killing snails is to put a teaspoon of salt all over their slimy bodies(not the shell) the salt will melt them and they will basicly be a pool of slime after about 10 minutes.
    what you can do is place them in a cup with some beer or whine.....they will drink it and get drunk, then drown in the alchohol
    I have a few of these traps outside in my garden, and there are a lot of dead snails and slugs in every one
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normal, chlorinated pool water should kill snails. I've done the beer thing, later with bakers yeast and sugar, to drown whatever it was that was eating away at my strawberry patch. Copper is also used to kill invertebrates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Starman @ June 05 2005,2:27)]well they can.......the problem is they can crawl out of the water no matter which container they are in.......the best solution to killing snails is to put a teaspoon of salt all over their slimy bodies(not the shell) the salt will melt them and they will basicly be a pool of slime after about 10 minutes.
    what you can do is place them in a cup with some beer or whine.....they will drink it and get drunk, then drown in the alchohol
    I have a few of these traps outside in my garden, and there are a lot of dead snails and slugs in every one
    LOL, I used to do that all the time at my cousins' house. After a long rain, the whole driveway and walkway would be covered in slugs, and we'd each get a handful of salt. Yes, we're all sadists deep inside.

Actually, the slug/snail first has a layer of its skin melted away, and it turns all orangy, like it's burning. Very interesting to watch.
    Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. ~Pardo.

\"I think we should always make certain we have chocolate. One never knows when it might be necessary.\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how safe is sevin? I've got a spray bottle of it I'm prepared to deply against the ahpid infesting my D. scorpiodes.
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cynic, I believe that the spray "carrier" in the Orthenex was the culprit that damaged my plants, as granular Orthene is considered safe for Drosera and Pings. However, it is very hard to find.
    So I would be leery about using any spray product. I believe Sevin is produced in a powder form and may be safe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently drowning all my Utrics, my Genlisea, and most of my sundews.

There are lots of small insects skimming the surface of the water, and a multitude of aquatic-looking swimming things.

I wish i had more U. gibba; this would be a perfect time to deploy it.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lauderdale and i tried the aerosol version of Orthonex around the same time... Almost all growth on my sarra was destroyed but everything recovered nicely. My dews also recovered.
    I wouldn't try it again.
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast