Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shipping complications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh. My. God.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW really Ozzy?You naughty boy [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] J/K. Finch I'm really glad it all worked out for you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] *Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ June 05 2005,9:59)]BTW im 17 so i was really surprised when i heard they were doing this because i felt i could decie for myself weather or not to trust something
    You're 17 and they STILL second guess you this much?

I can see that level of parental control at 14 or so, but as you're coming into the last year of high school, I believe, unless you have given them reason to believe otherwise, they should assume you to be a responsible, mature individual, free to make your own decisions (for the most part... while they are paying your bills, they still retain a great deal of control).

My parents were big on trust and self reliance, and I am raising my 2 daughters the same way. I am big on natural consequences serving as their own reward or punishment.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    17??
    WOW! By 17 I had let me parents no (in no uncertain terms) that I would NOT take rediculous interference from them.

I simply did what I wanted and DARED them to do anything about it.

Good thing I never really did anything grossly stupid or really bad (that they know of, anyway. he he). Just ignored my "curfew" and stuff like that. The nerve of them giving a 17 year old (with a car, might I add) a curfew! I was tryin' to get chicks, man, and they were blockin'!!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Finch your parents are a little crazy. I mean if you were 13 or under yeah they would probibly have good reason to question this but now. I don't know.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they don't check this post on the forum Finch. After reading all these comments, they may change their minds again. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123