Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Remember that medical marijuana debate awhile back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of my friends who also have multiple sclerosis, use marijuana to alleviate their symptoms. I smoked plenty of pot in my younger days, recreationally. I loved it. I just don't like the buzz anymore, and my symptoms, at this point, are not severe enough to warrant pot smoking. If they get severe enough where smoking pot wiil help.....I will smoke pot. No gov't. agency will stop me. I know where the stop-n-cops are in Chicago.

Funny how some of a certain political persuasion believe in small government, and state's rights...until it butts up against their perceived "morality."
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no morality issues here, i would prefer, for the most part for any government(state, federal or otherwise) to just but out of *MY* personal life. if i want to self medicate with a plant i grew myself, who am i harming and what buissiness is it of anyones but my own? personal freedom is what makes this nation great. the various governments have forgotten that.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imho states rights should supercede federal law in all cases unless they are in conflict with the constitution and the basic unalieable rights of all human beings.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ June 07 2005,6:19)]But if we started to divide up by state with every conterversial topic that came our way, eventually we would be the 'Divided States of Amarica', as opposed to the United States of America, and as we well know divisions breed internal conflict
    Hahaha bipartisan system lololol. I love politics.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the supreme courts ruling. It was quite interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common sense should dictate here. If an individual who is terminally ill or an individual who is forced to address chronic pain management issues derives any comfort whatsoever from pot, regardless of whether it is real or perceived, let them have it and let them have it legally. I view pot as a coping tool. I don't smoke pot and never have but if you want to, you should be allowed to do so in my humble opinion. Victimless crime not so dissimilar from prostitution.

I believe there to exist considerable merit to what D muscipula stated, “In fact, i expect it will be much cheaper (both in terms of lives and in terms of money) to legalize it because it can then be taxed and regulated, much like cigarettes.” To this I would like to add that I find it absolutely ridiculous what we are paying to incarcerate repeated and habitual recreational users of pot.

Pot is not so dissimilar from Corn Gluten Meal. I truly believe there to exist a considerable amount of validitiy to this statement by swords, “Seriously though, Marijuana will NEVER be considered a legitimate drug. This is because to be a legitimate medicine that is of value to the drug companies (which means it is able to be patented) it must be at least 30% man made chemicals with rigid ability to control the quality.” This, and this alone may be the root of why pot is not and may not be legalized any time in the foreseeable future.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's funny how all the bible pushers in the government don't like pot even though in the bible it says something along the lines of god put all herbs on earth for men...

and the rasta's think a marjuana plant was growing on Solomon's (sp?) grave.

any one watch the daily show last night? some lady said something like "where do you draw the lines on drugs?" and John Stewart said something like "well if my doctor tells me to..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have several friends that use medical marijuana. I to smoke on occasion just for kicks. I dont drink or do any other drugs.
    And I dont see any harm in getting high and relaxing a bit every now and then. It is my body right?

I personally believe that the main reason the government isnt legalizing it is because they make too much money off it being illegal. Think about all the money used for "The war on drugs". They target marijuana more often than any of the other drugs. I read somewhere that around 75% of the nations prisons population are marijuana related. Look at drug testing, most dangerous drugs are through your system(and undetectable) with in days where as marijuana can be found weeks later after one use.

The government seems to believe that if it is legalized there will be increases in youth usage, DUI, and etc.
    If you start looking at nations where its legal they less usuage in minors, less crime for that matter because its off the black market. They talk about how marijuana is a gateway drug I believe that is because the access to other drugs from the same shady people.

If you ask the average teen if they know where to find some marijuana most are going to say sure. But ask the same teen if they can get cigarettes or beer and your going to get a no. I think it should be legal (recreational and medical)because the only way they are going to be able to have any real control is if it's out in the open and out of the back alleys.

Anyway didnt mean to rant but somethings just get under my skin. Here's the best medical marijuana site there is feel free to check it out.
    http://www.norml.org/
    My grow list

pics
    Vini, Vidi, Vichi

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast