Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Remember that medical marijuana debate awhile back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree, in high school marijuana was much easier to get my hands on than booze on any given day. as to it being a gateway drug i think you nailed it fudog, as to increase in usage, no not really going to happen. you would see it more as ppl who do use it wouldnt be hiding it anymore. you would be surprised who all smokes pot.

also you have to figure not every one likes being high. my wife legally has access to some excellent narcotics that she uses to help control her migraines(actually the narcotics are generally a last ditch effort to avoid the emergancy room) she hates feeling stoned, she tried marijuana in high school and hated it. i have friends who really didnt care for the high either and only tried it one or two times. just like ppl choose to avoid tobacco and alcohol even though they are legal so to would they avoid marijuana. the increase in overal number of ppl using it would increase maybe quite abit a first but as soon as the "newness" wore off you would probably only be left with a slight incress overall.

as to driving stoned. you can tell who is stoned and driving around here as they are generally putzing around at a whopping 15 miles an hour and jamming to some tunes
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 08 2005,10:01)]it's funny how all the bible pushers in the government don't like pot even though in the bible it says something along the lines of god put all herbs on earth for men...

and the rasta's think a marjuana plant was growing on Solomon's (sp?) grave.
    That's not even the half of it. You should read how they crowned the kings of Israel.

As to your comment about driving, rattler, I actually came across several studies on marijuana use and driving safety back when I did a social studies paper on prohibition. I don't remember who they were done by, but I think it was a joint thing between the US and Canadian traffic safety authorities.
    Anyways, the conclusion of the studies was that people who were high on pot behaved with greater caution and took less risks than even sober drivers, and that the change in behavior usually more than offset any loss in physical dexterity or attention. People driving under the influence of marijuana were much safer than those who had been drinking or using other recreational drugs.
    Some time after I did that paper, I came across some secondary literature that claimed that marijuana use left more people capable of driving than over the counter cold medications such as Benadryl or Robitussin, or even driving sober and tired. I never looked into the cited sources, but I would tend to believe it, having driven under all of those conditions at one time or another. (Remember, kids - DRIVING WHILE NOT PERFECTLY HEALTHY AND ALERT = BAD IDEA. I totalled a car after taking a DayQuil, and I'm still feeling stupid about it.)
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rattler & seedjar
    I completely agree with you on the driving. It doesn't bother me to drive stoned. I drive the limit and pay more attention.(paranoia is a good thing)
    I've gotten a total of 3 tickets for speeding all stone sober.
    My grow list

pics
    Vini, Vidi, Vichi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ratteler, its not just your personal buisness because your actions affect others around you, altough im thinking of othr things like dumping bad moter oil into a stream that just appens to run rough your property, than pot.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] to increase in usage, no not really going to happen

I disagree, because there is a large amount of evidence that when restricted a substance consumption will decrese as opposed to when its perfectly legal. Look at the prohibition. Yes, it was stupid, and yes, it didnt even remotely acheive its goal, but study of a large amout of evidence shows that per indiidual, and for the population, overall aclchohaul consumption did decrese (despite what popular opinion beleives) and after they lifted the ban spiked dramaticly before decresing slightly nd leviling off at a overall higher level than before.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when it comes down to it, marijuana is a far far cry from having even the dangers of alcohol, it was originally outlawed because timber companys and petrochemical companies didnt want it around cause it would make a dent in their profits. when they set out to make it illegal only an extreamly small percentage of the population knew it could get you high, heck it was growing wild on the banks of the Potomac River in Washington DC when the year they set out to make it illegal. now we cant use the stuff for medicinal purposes because the drug companys cant synthisize the stuff and make it as effective as the natural so they cant make a buck so they are going to keep it from passing on a federal level to protect their pocket books by keeping us from being able to do what we have done since we lived in caves: TO TREAT OURSELVES! what i do in my house is no ones buisness but my own if i am not hurting anyone. please explain how injesting a plant i can grow myself while i am home alone can possibly hurt anyone but myself?

(sorry to break off now but i have about 7 hours to get some sleep before a 10 hour drive tomorrow. i do not know if the hotel i am at has internet access so i may not beable to log on till Monday morning)
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo Finch I think you nd to check out this link man.
    It will clear up some things for you.
    http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3383

Here's another one for you too.
    http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3381
    My grow list

pics
    Vini, Vidi, Vichi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes thats what they claim but thats not what history shows. The claim that you cant huyrt anyone but yourself on pot is really beyond my comprehension because, well your high and your judgement is inpaired. I know mof many cases where the high was just enough to push people over the edge and they beat family members.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd venture to say that the likelihood of resorting to violence when drunk is about a thousand times higher than the likelihood of resorting to violence when high on marijuana. I've never seen anyone violent due to marijuana intoxication. Lazy and unmotivated? Yes, but not beligerent or violent the way alcohol makes a lot of people.

It is an intoxicant, however, and as such responsible people use moderation, just like they do with coffee or alcohol.

Max
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast