Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember that medical marijuana debate awhile back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Federal authorities may prosecute sick people whose doctors prescribe marijuana to ease pain, the Supreme Court ruled Monday, concluding that state laws donít protect users from a federal ban on the drug.

The decision is a stinging defeat for marijuana advocates who had successfully pushed 10 states to allow the drugís use to treat various illnesses.

Justice John Paul Stevens, writing the 6-3 decision, said that Congress could change the law to allow medical use of marijuana.

The closely watched case was an appeal by the Bush administration in a case involving two seriously ill California women who use marijuana. The court said the prosecution of pot users under the federal Controlled Substances Act was constitutional.

Read more

Just remembering that old debate, and because this has sucuch a profound effect on this topic that i felt the the discussion should be revisited to discuss these new changes and their effects. No im not tryting to start a fight.lets have a good, clean discussion and no mudslinginging (es i know i mispelled that), alright? Im tired of those so called "Dabates"
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the ppl are ruling for the most part that medical marijuana should be allowed(passed by a huge margin here in Montana) being that this country is supposed to be ruled by the ppl Congress should have to allow patient to use it if the population of said state deems it appropriate, if a states population says, no its a dangerous substance than let them keep it banned. i think the issue falls under states rights. the ppl seem to think that the controlled substance act, atleast in part, is againt their rights for recieving medical care, there for should be unconstiutional for congress to prosicute these ppl.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we dont do that thing by state because back when racial segregation was going on and some states banned it and and some states encouraged, it caused problems so now we dont do things like go by what a state populace wants anymore as a result of that and the conflicts it causes.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] if a states population says, no its a dangerous substance than let them keep it banned.
    And what about all the pharmaceutical drugs that are causing people to have heart attacks and strokes and brain infections? Those drugs are legal and when the FDA tries to ban them the drug companies complain and throw more money at them to keep the drugs on the market. I don't know about anyone else but I will use pot if it works to allieviate the condition.
    My fiance almost died because the doctors had her on the wrong medication, and when it wasn't working, they told her to take more. She ended up in the hospital, and the Dr. at the ER said that if I didn't get her in there she would have died. I honestly think that marijuana could have helped her condition.
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not rellay big on drugs, but I believe that you should be allowed to grow any plant you want as long as it's for personal use. It's just a plant for god's sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do believe i'm in favor of legalizing marijuana, with corresponding taxes to cover the expenses to the system that abuse will create. In fact, i expect it will be much cheaper (both in terms of lives and in terms of money) to legalize it because it can then be taxed and regulated, much like cigarettes.

As for your comment CNCreefer, the unfortunate reality is that doctors make mistakes, and no medication is completely safe. The human body is just too complex. And AFAIK the FDA is actually more cautious (restrictive) than any other country's regulatory body.

Of course, the real irony is that alcohol and tobacco are legal, while marijuana is not. Talk about insidious, vicious drugs....
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (D muscipula @ June 06 2005,9:58)]alcohol and tobacco are legal, while marijuana is not. Talk about insidious, vicious drugs....
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]

Who would buy Bindweed or any other weed for that matter that grows very well in your own yard and anywhere in the U.S. or world for that matter.

A round of applause for tax greed. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not every garden weed has those therapeutic qualities [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast