What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The stupidest idea ever on these fourms

P.S.
This relates to another post too (kinda).
ALL hobbyists and collectors would be wise to read up on Marijauna growing - Lots of pot growers are top notch growers regaurdless of resulting crop. Alot of technology in Hort feild gows to MJ growing. Much the same way we invest in corn and Soy technologies. Pot growers are also the best Hydo growers.

Joe

A little bit off topic, but when I take cuttings of Jade plants and haworthia and stuff, I put them in a cup full of rocks with water in it- no "media" no fertilizer no nothing- I guess the rocks, which are limestone mostly, could have something to do with it, but the cuttings always grow well in there.... Jade plants grow almost too well using that method, all of our friends all have at least one already and getting rid of the excess is almost becoming problematic
biggrin.gif

Not "true" hydroponics, but similar

thanks for all your comments guys!

when me and Jeremiah were at the Denver flower show, we met a man who was selling something called "clean air growing systems" it was a tble like area with a hollow middle, the plants grew through foam pellets into the air, and there was spraying systems in the hollow central where the roots grew, the spraying systems sprayed nutrients onto the roots, and the roots were HUGE, he didnt have any cps mainly vegtables and fruits with a few flowers, but he told jeremy he might be interested in researching if cps could grow there, my mom is selling his systems on ebay, and if she sells two she gets one

Joe, i had thought about recommending buying a book on marijuana growing for those interested in hydroponics but given the number of minors on this forum i didn know how smart the idea was but you are right, TONS of money has been thrown at learning to grow marijuana hydroponically. about the only difference i can think of between growing marijuana hydroponically and most any other plant would be your fertilizer schedule, the rest of the technology and techniques would cross straight over with few to no alterations for most plants.

this probably sounds really stupid, but is it legal to grow marijuana as long as you dont use it?

No Kirk, it's not even legal to grow strains of marijuana that aren't intoxicating except in one or two states (Hawaii I think, or you could have to have some special USDA license.) There's a lot more than drug law behind marijuana prohibition. Back in the day, the earliest legislation on the matter was backed heavily by paper, petrochemical and pharmecutical companies because marijuana is readily and affordibly made into paper, gas and medicine. As a result, the laws say you can't do much more than draw pictures of it.
~Joe

Rattler,
I hadn't thought of the minor thing so it's an "At your own risk" thing then.
Many countries throw TONS of $$$$$$ into Marijauna Agriculturally. Also one of the secrets of alot (not all I suppose) of Orchid growers started as an MJ technology. On MJ forums you can find DIY on almost anything from conversion charts to chamber creations of all sizes and parameters, ventilation issues and FAQs,..etc......

Joe

Well, I went to Humboldt State, so I'll just throw these out:
1)Marijuana that doesn't have the "high" chemical in it is basically hemp. You may be familiar with hemp in rope and garment material.
2)I've seen some hydroponic setups over thereand they can be huge. They're quite lovely, also. We had a lot of hydroponic lettuce (had a container of water underneath) at the store marketed as "fresh living lettuce". Had the very clean roots still on.
3)Clay pots and hydroponics - can we say Chia Pet?
smile_n_32.gif

Shouldn't this be in the cactus forum?

not really, the question pertains tho hydroponics in general. i think it was better placed here than in the cactus forum.

Back