What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can eat!

• Thread starter pond boy
  • Start date
Relpax if she catches it early, Maxalt-MLT if she dosent as they dissolve in your mouth so no pills in an upset stomach they help 95% of the time but as a last ditch effort to avoid a Demerol shot at the ER she has percocets and phenogrin(sp?, its an anti-nausea)

as far as preventative measures she has tried beta-blockers but her blood pressure is already low and they caused her to pass out. good thing she was at the hospital at the time as when they actually got her blood pressure to register it was something like 60 over 40.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
she has tried one of the anti seizure drugs(Dilantin(sp?)) but it causes other side effects that make it hard for her to work even though it reduced the frequency of her migrains. the doc is trying to get an epileptic medicine for her to try as a preventative. he is trying to get her a trial pack for free since it is EXTREAMLY expensive stuff.

migrains are horrible things, ive never had one but ive watched Darla suffer with them for 3 years. unfortunatly for her most are hormonal so every month like clock work she has a week of trying to keep on top of them with drugs so that she doesnt have to hit the ER

Hey Noah!

I noticed you had been missing, but didn't know why.

Is this recent illness related to what you were going through when we did our trade a few months ago?

I'm glad you're feeling better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (unknownclown @ June 10 2005,5:46)]YAY congrats!
So what did you pick to be your first "real meal"?
Odly,peanuts of all things. I wanted to just suck the salt off one and ended up eating 3 handfuls! And to my surprise it didn`t hurt too bad,now though I can`t eat things like that but that once it was fine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ June 13 2005,5:28)]glad to see your back. that flytrap you sent me bounced back from its original retched looking condition and is growing like a weed.

may i ask what migraine meds you are taking and what your not allowed to take? Darla suffers from them and has been for a loooooonnnnggg time. i may be able to toss in some info
Amitriptilyn(sp?) and Corgard. The corgard has reduced my blood pressure back to normal (although My heart still RACES ver fast and is very thready when I`m haveing an attack). The amitriptilyn has realy helped my migraines!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ June 14 2005,10:52)]Relpax if she catches it early, Maxalt-MLT if she dosent as they dissolve in your mouth so no pills in an upset stomach they help 95% of the time but as a last ditch effort to avoid a Demerol shot at the ER she has percocets and phenogrin(sp?, its an anti-nausea)

as far as preventative measures she has tried beta-blockers but her blood pressure is already low and they caused her to pass out. good thing she was at the hospital at the time as when they actually got her blood pressure to register it was something like 60 over 40.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
she has tried one of the anti seizure drugs(Dilantin(sp?)) but it causes other side effects that make it hard for her to work even though it reduced the frequency of her migrains. the doc is trying to get an epileptic medicine for her to try as a preventative. he is trying to get her a trial pack for free since it is EXTREAMLY expensive stuff.

migrains are horrible things, ive never had one but ive watched Darla suffer with them for 3 years. unfortunatly for her most are hormonal so every month like clock work she has a week of trying to keep on top of them with drugs so that she doesnt have to hit the ER
Lol. Demerol iss the best! It`s the only thjing that will get rid of my chest pain. Unfortunately I`m only allowed to get it like once every other month(2 pain free hours every other month) for some reason they will only give it for my migraines though
confused.gif

Amitripilyn(sp?) you take every day to prevent migraines.

Dang that must have been scary with the blood pressure thing! The Beta Blocker I take(Corgard) doesn`t seem to help my headaches but it has gotten rid of my high blood pressure.

I had to take amitryptilin for a while. It dried my mouth out something awful. I had to keep some kind of candy with me all the time to get saliva flowing. Those citrus altoids worked well.

Back