Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Macro camera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently have a HP Photosmart R707. It's a great digital camera with a lot of features, but I have to hold it pretty far away to take macro shots. What's your favorite camera for macro pictures?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sonys have excellent macro abilities, as do several other brands. Just look at the specs before buying one. Look for something in the 2-3cm range.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Olympus has great macro modes.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My vote is for Nikon. I am considering either the 5700 or the 8800 although I got a report that the 8800 isn't as easy to use as the 5700.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the Sony's and there macro ability.
    That is why my first camera from them was a 3MP DSC-505F I believe, and now I have the Sony 5MP DSC-707.
    Love the camera.
    I've been slowly saving for my next upgrade in a few years. I'd love to get a SLR Digital. The problem is the lens I want cost big $$.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ June 10 2005,12:08)]Olympus has great macro modes.
    I have an Olympus digital (Stylus 410) (as well as a few Olympus film cameras). The macro mode allows much better closeups than I would have expected for a camera of this caliber (basically a Point & Shoot).

However, I have a fair amount of difficulty getting decent macro shots because of the ASA of the photo sensor. Unless you are using a tripod or taking picts in mid-day strong sun, the shutter speed is very slow so most shots will not be crisp. I usually end up taking 5-20 shots and just delete all but the best 1 or 2.

The ASA is not something that most digital camera manufacturers have readily available - so you may have to dig to find it (mine is ASA 64).

It also depends on what you are looking for. A more expensive, larger 35mm digital w/ interchangeable lenses will offer much more flexibility/options than a simple put-in-the-pocket Point & Shoot camera. But you pay for that with $$$, weight & complexity....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i recomend the canon pro 1. it has a canon L lens (top of the line canon lenses, sharper than nikon lenses imo) 8 megapixels and the super macro mode lets you shoot 1/2 and in from your subject. you can find it for around 600 dollars and it's the closest thing to a digital SLR (interchangeble lenses) which cost thousands.

Canon Pro 1
    B&H : Canon Pro 1
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's nuts!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast