Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fencing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] Even with the padding you have on, if someone lands a blow...it hurts. You end up with little round bruises.
    Wimp! Quick, someone call the WAAAAAAAH-mublance! You want painfull? Try kickboxing.... Dime sized bruises indeed. Try hemotomas the size of golf balls.

Quote[/b] ] I was hopeing more for random sword fighting type thing.
    Randow sword fighting? No such thing, no matter what kind of sword. The radom swinger& stabber is very quickly the DEAD sword fighter. Just a matter of the style. Same is true of any weapon, even your hands. If you just swing wildly, you'll be on your rear end in no time.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm I'll search when I get back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, I used to fence. I did pretty well too. It is expensive, especially when you get into the electric stuff, but it is quite enjoyable. Don't give up until you give it a good try. If you like the random sword fighting, you might like the epee (the one with the big bell guard) more. You can hit your opponent anywhere--their mask, hand, even their foot. Plus there is no right of way, just who hits first.

Jonathan

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now now...I didn't mean it was EXCRUTIATING to get hit with a foil. Plus it depends on where you get hit (women DO have some rather tender spots in the "legal" area that men don't have). But there is some force behind the thrust of the foil so its not a gentle love tap. I'm sure there are many more [idiotic] sports that are seriously painful. Which makes you wonder why anyone would endure "hematomas the size of golf balls". [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img] Men equate pain endurance with their virility. hehe

Personally I'm not very fond of pain and would rather avoid it when possible. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Which makes you wonder why anyone would endure "hematomas the size of golf balls".
    Oh, I don't think I could count how many times I ask myself that same question....but the answer still comes back: it's worth the risk! It's just FUN! Espcially when you get some loud mouth so-and-so that's all cocky, and then they can't even hit you ONCE, meanwhile, they are just target practice for you....Oh, the satifaction.

Oddly, things that once hurt no longer do. It's like my body has learned the difference between pain that is just a nuisance and pain that is a REAL sign of trouble. I can ignore the nuisance pain with relative ease when sparring....It's a real case "I'm gonna feel THAT one in the morning."
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12