User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 30

Thread: Turn it on cnn

  1. #17
    BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Edmonds WA
    Posts
    1,501
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Jacko should wear a blonde wig & do an overnighter at OJ's place.
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

  2. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ June 13 2005,5:26)]Disgusting result. I think it would be safe to say if you rich and famous, the world is your oyster. You can commit all the crimes you want. I knew they wouldn't have the guts to convict Michael Jackson of anything.
    Actually, after one night in Bangkok, the world's your oyster.

    The prosecution botched the case, IMHO, or else rushed to trial with a flimsy one.

    I believe MJ is a pedophile and child molester, but given what I have heard of the handling of the case, the jury had no choice but to vote "not guilty". The prosecution had not proved guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
    My Grow List

    "We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

  3. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ June 13 2005,5:45)]Our justice system sucks. "Fair" is not a word to use in conjuction with our legal system.
    We do have an interesting dichotomy... Juries seem to take "beyond a reasonable doubt" very seriously in major cases, yet I hear very frequently of usually-honest people getting railroaded on BS charges, like the police and DA have nothing better to do.

    Our system favors major offenders and habitual criminals who know how to work the system, or else have lawyers who do. But usually-honest, upstanding citizens who make a stupid mistake, and then trust the police and DA are screwed.
    My Grow List

    "We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

  4. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ June 13 2005,6:17)]I agree. He is a complete freak and I don't want him anywhere close to me, but I am glad he was found innocent because I don't think he did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Yeah I know. But the fact that you have low-life parents doesn't make your children incapable of being molested.
    no but they were lying. That magazine was pretty darnig. they also had a history, and so on.
    He was NOT found "innocent".

    He was found "not guilty".

    That is a subtle, but very important, distinction.
    My Grow List

    "We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

  5. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 13 2005,6:23)]well, martha stewart for example.

    she did it and was found guilty.

    then again she went to "camp cupcake"
    Hers was also a much easier case to prove. And she was tried in a state with competent DAs!
    My Grow List

    "We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

  6. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ June 15 2005,2:50)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ June 13 2005,6:17)]I agree. He is a complete freak and I don't want him anywhere close to me, but I am glad he was found innocent because I don't think he did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Yeah I know. But the fact that you have low-life parents doesn't make your children incapable of being molested.
    no but they were lying. That magazine was pretty darnig. they also had a history, and so on.
    He was NOT found "innocent".

    He was found "not guilty".

    That is a subtle, but very important, distinction.
    well the creedo is innocent until proven guilty.

  7. #23
    Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Olympia, Washington
    Posts
    4,064
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 13 2005,2:37)]I was hoping he would moonwalk would of the courthouse, but i guess the stress and shock wouldn't let him to it!
    You know, with all of his court-induced back problems, there's no way he could maintain that posture :P
    I'm not sure that he did it, but I am sure that the accusing family has made a poor case for themselves, given their history of legal disputes. Crying wolf always leads to trouble. If that kid really was molested, then I'm very sorry for him. But, I would still generally feel that the judgement was correct, because in that kind of situation it's very hard to discern guilty from not guilty, and I think that the law should err in favor of the wrongly accused, not against it. If that means a few criminals get off free because their accusors didn't play by the rules, so be it; why would you expect the law to help you if you haven't been following it to begin with?
    PAK, I hope your friend's daughter is in better care now. I feel compelled to ask, has any attempt been made to prosecute the brother, or the mother (for making false accusations against your friend?) Few things make me angrier than people abusing the laws. If you want to break laws, that's fine - accept the consequences. But if you try to use the law for unlawful gain, you should expect a world of hurt... it's just plain stupid.
    I don't get why Jacko makes such a fool of himself. I can't help but feel bad for the guy, just because he's been given so much but can't seem to stay out of trouble long enough to enjoy it. Crappy childhood, a few years of stardom, then all these medical things and personal problems... no wonder he's so out of whack. If I'd gone from overworked child star to pop idol to detested and ridiculed public icon, I'd be a little traumatized too.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

  8. #24

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Posts
    2,160
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ June 13 2005,6:21)]Famous people do stupid things all the time. They are human beings after all. But they feel invincible because of all these high profile cases where the "star" gets off...OJ, Robert Blake and now Michael Jackson. Jurors are intimidated of convicting mega-stars. Perhaps afraid of retaliation after the fact. How would you like to be "the juror who sent Michael Jackson to jail."

    What about the stewardess who testified to putting wine in the Coke cans on the plane? Yet he's not guilty of giving wine to kids.... There were numerous people who said that...not just the accuser.
    Suzanne, I disagree.
    My grandad was a VERY famous footballer(at least in Bosnia) but he didnt feel invincible. He did some stupid things, for example once he had a fight witht he referee, but he did pay the consenquences.
    He didnt feel invincible at all. So I dont know how you can say that about every single famous person.


    And as for the family who accused Micheal Jackson of doing those disgusting things?
    All I can say for them is they are the lowest of the low who wanted easy money. Plus, they have a history of doing things like this.
    Funny that, there was a similar family and a similar case some years back accusing Micheal Jackson of the same thing, but they told his lawyer that they would be very happy to drop the allegations if they were payed a sum of a few million dollars, and thats exactly what happened.
    They got easy money and they dropped the allegations.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •