What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn it on cnn

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    est
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 13 2005,6:23)]well, martha stewart for example.

she did it and was found guilty.

then again she went to "camp cupcake"

Hers was also a much easier case to prove. And she was tried in a state with competent DAs!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ June 15 2005,2:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ June 13 2005,6:17)]I agree. He is a complete freak and I don't want him anywhere close to me, but I am glad he was found innocent because I don't think he did it.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yeah I know.  But the fact that you have low-life parents doesn't make your children incapable of being molested.
no but they were lying. That magazine was pretty darnig. they also had a history, and so on.
He was NOT found "innocent".

He was found "not guilty".

That is a subtle, but very important, distinction.
well the creedo is innocent until proven guilty.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 13 2005,2:37)]I was hoping he would moonwalk would of the courthouse, but i guess the stress and shock wouldn't let him to it!
You know, with all of his court-induced back problems, there's no way he could maintain that posture :p
I'm not sure that he did it, but I am sure that the accusing family has made a poor case for themselves, given their history of legal disputes. Crying wolf always leads to trouble. If that kid really was molested, then I'm very sorry for him. But, I would still generally feel that the judgement was correct, because in that kind of situation it's very hard to discern guilty from not guilty, and I think that the law should err in favor of the wrongly accused, not against it. If that means a few criminals get off free because their accusors didn't play by the rules, so be it; why would you expect the law to help you if you haven't been following it to begin with?
PAK, I hope your friend's daughter is in better care now. I feel compelled to ask, has any attempt been made to prosecute the brother, or the mother (for making false accusations against your friend?) Few things make me angrier than people abusing the laws. If you want to break laws, that's fine - accept the consequences. But if you try to use the law for unlawful gain, you should expect a world of hurt... it's just plain stupid.
I don't get why Jacko makes such a fool of himself. I can't help but feel bad for the guy, just because he's been given so much but can't seem to stay out of trouble long enough to enjoy it. Crappy childhood, a few years of stardom, then all these medical things and personal problems... no wonder he's so out of whack. If I'd gone from overworked child star to pop idol to detested and ridiculed public icon, I'd be a little traumatized too.
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ June 13 2005,6:21)]Famous people do stupid things all the time.  They are human beings after all.  But they feel invincible because of all these high profile cases where the "star" gets off...OJ, Robert Blake and now Michael Jackson.  Jurors are intimidated of convicting mega-stars.  Perhaps afraid of retaliation after the fact.  How would you like to be "the juror who sent Michael Jackson to jail."

What about the stewardess who testified to putting wine in the Coke cans on the plane?  Yet he's not guilty of giving wine to kids....  There were numerous people who said that...not just the accuser.
Suzanne, I disagree.
My grandad was a VERY famous footballer(at least in Bosnia) but he didnt feel invincible. He did some stupid things, for example once he had a fight witht he referee, but he did pay the consenquences.
He didnt feel invincible at all. So I dont know how you can say that about every single famous person.

And as for the family who accused Micheal Jackson of doing those disgusting things?
All I can say for them is they are the lowest of the low who wanted easy money. Plus, they have a history of doing things like this.
Funny that, there was a similar family and a similar case some years back accusing Micheal Jackson of the same thing, but they told his lawyer that they would be very happy to drop the allegations if they were payed a sum of a few million dollars, and thats exactly what happened.
They got easy money and they dropped the allegations.

Even though I thought he was guilty *at least on some of the counts*, the juries heard the whole story. This is just like the OJ Simpson trial, have enoungh money you can get a way with anything.

Is he a freak, heck yeah!

and what evidence are you all who say he worked the system and all that basing your opinions on?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ June 15 2005,7:17)]and what evidence are you all who say he worked the system and all that basing your opinions on?
The media.
smile.gif

Jackson is a stupid twat, and a pedophile. He got off this time. He "settled" with his accuser the last time. "Settle" = guilty, in my mind. My thing is...why is his trial EVEN news? He allowed as to how he will stop sleeping with boys in his bed. DUH! Hellllloooooooooo...there are much more serious and newsworthy things going on in the world at this time. Remember that/those pesky little war/s we're having? Why do people even care about celebrites?

to each their own

Back