Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First cp trip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ewwwww!!So you get these bugs that burror into your skin and then they FEED on you??That' crazy!!2-3 weeks for the itching to stop?!?! That's nutty! Never heard of these little guys,never seen them either,thank god!!Hope you don't get any Ozzy! ~Niki~
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I get some I'll take pics. I must warn you they seem to like areas like armpits, where your knees and elbows bend and some other areas that I won't mention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yuck! ~Niki~ [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOl Ozzy. Chiggers or no chiggers-it sure sounds like you're going to have a nice adventure [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Ticks are fun enough for me. I remember once up in the mountains when I must have been around 7 we were walking along a wide dirt path(and as usual I was along the side looking for interesting critters) when I noticed on a particularly tall blade of grass was an interesting looking creature. eight legs, and a black head and "shield on the back". I wasn't sure what it was. I had a little critter keeper so the blade of grass was picked and taken to the cabin. The sad thing is is that no one knew what the "cute buggy thing" was and I even let it crawl around for a bit on my hand. Put the thing under the bed that night and in the morning it was still there. Only then did it dawn on me that it was a tick! Maybe if I wasn't so inquisitive the tick would have gotten a nice meal.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I didn't get to go last night so I am just about ready to leave this morning. I hope to get some really nice pics to share.
    Later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy, where are you exactly? I think I missed that...
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez...you guys haven't ever heard of a chigger?? And never had one?? Wow. They were a fact of life for me as a kid. If you went out into grassy areas in fields you always got them. My mother used to fuss if we picked Queen Ann's lace because she said it was "loaded with chiggers." Don't know if that was true or not but to this day I don't pick Queen Ann's lace because it was such a no-no.

Chrono...Ozzy is heading out into the Green Swamp to stay for a few days. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CHIGGERS ARE HORRIBLE!!!!! I went fishing in an area that was densely covered with brush (little did I know what was out there). By the end of the day, I was itching worse than a fire ant bite and bee sting combined. I couldn't figure out what was making me itch till I did some research on the computer. Chiggers are HORRIBLE!!! You itch for an what seems like forever. I hope I never get any of those little buggers AGAIN [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] It would be nice if there was some way to get rid of them or keep them from biting you. Like Ozzy said, they like to bite where your skin is softest and where skin meets skin. Avoid them at all costs. BELIEVE ME, you never want a chigger again for the rest of your life after you are first bittten by one ( or maybe about 50 like me).
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast