Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First cp trip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (dewy @ June 16 2005,11:23)]CHIGGERS ARE HORRIBLE!!!!! I went fishing in an area that was densely covered with brush (little did I know what was out there). By the end of the day, I was itching worse than a fire ant bite and bee sting combined. I couldn't figure out what was making me itch till I did some research on the computer. Chiggers are HORRIBLE!!! You itch for an what seems like forever. I hope I never get any of those little buggers AGAIN [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] It would be nice if there was some way to get rid of them or keep them from biting you. Like Ozzy said, they like to bite where your skin is softest and where skin meets skin. Avoid them at all costs. BELIEVE ME, you never want a chigger again for the rest of your life after you are first bittten by one ( or maybe about 50 like me).
    My understanding is that by the time you feel the tremendous itching, the little buggers are dead. What you're feeling is the body's reaction to him/her dying under your skin.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy to say that I've never been attacked by a chigger...haha, funny name. And where's Green Swamp? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in NC.
    grr... stupid thing didn't copy. well, ozzy you said something about them burrying under your skin or something.
    http://science.howstuffworks.com/question488.htm
    I was going to quote some of it here but it was basically the whole thing so just click on it.
    they don't burrow under your skin and nail polish doesn't cure/treat/kill chiggers, it just makes it less itchy.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I decided to comw out last night. Even with all the Off that I used I still couldn't keep the ticks off of me. I was pulling them off all day. I'm still waiting to see if any chiggers pop up, but as of now I think I only have two chiggers.

I saw plenty of cp's. S.flavas, rubras, purpurea. D.intermedia, capilaris, and a hybrid of the two. I saw thousands of vft's. U.gibba and some other bladderworts.
    I also saw some orchids, several rare red-cockaded woodpecker. I saw two snakes but they got away before I could identify them.
    I also found a tree that had a huge nest. It didn't look like a bird nest it looked like a bunch of pine tree branches pulled together. I got pics of it, I'll get them and the other pics online soon.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it was an eagle or crane's nest? Or perhaps that's where the BOOGEYMAN sleeps at night. hehehe
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The most popular home remedy for which there is little justification is to dab nail polish on the welt. This cannot "smother" the chigger because it has not burrowed into your skin, and it was probably scratched off long ago. The only benefit to applying a thick coat of nail polish is that it helps to remind you not to scratch the bite
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, in the last 24 hrs I have realized that Off does not work on chiggers. So far I have about 10 of them, and more keep poping up. I geuss I'll have to find another product that works better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww that sucks Ozzy [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] I can't wait for the pic tho [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] ~Niki~
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast