Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awesome lowes find!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought one of those, as at the time, they were the only way I could get a Darlingtonia... But I DID successfully separate them, almost immediately in fact. The three plants were crammed in there very tightly.

The Darlingtonia was large and healthy, and is now in a 7" pot, sending up new pitchers. The D. adelae was small, I moved it to a 3-1/2" pot and it is much happier.

The VFT was another story. The plant was small, and having been crammed in under the Darlingtonia, the leaves were growing deformed and the traps were toothless. After repotting, it is starting to do better, but the new traps are still small, and the leaves are long and twisted. I only hope it recovers.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 16 2005,1:03)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ June 16 2005,5:49)]Clint, sorry to be so negative, but I've bought those things before and came to realize of their shortcomings.
    huh?

i know how to grow them all... i mostly grow nepenthes but i couldn't pass up $15 worth of plants for 8 bucks!

of course i repotted them all and they are now in their proper environment
    I was under the mistaken notion that you were trying to cultivate them as was. I should have known that you would have the wisdom to immediately re-pot and deal with them, accordingly.

For people whose first plants are coming from these cubes, without experience, this is a deadly set up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 6mo ago, I bought Darlingtonia at lowes for $2.50 each!
    And even stranger....they appeared healthy! I put them into pots and into my terrarium where they are thriving. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, I also got a D.adelae which I put directly next to a D.adelae I already had......it died within 2wks. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Seems like a hit-or-miss with lowes....but what else can you expect.
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never really thought of it..but I guess sundews could be like an octopus. They both have tentacles.
    Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. ~Pardo.

\"I think we should always make certain we have chocolate. One never knows when it might be necessary.\"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12