Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So, what do you do for a living

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a CNC machinist in the aerospace industry. Mostly, anyway. I have made parts for the mars rovers, the landers that carried the mars rovers to the planet surface, various sattelites, the Airbus A380, Mcdonnel Douglas MD80, MD90, lots of stuff for Boeing, Lockheed Martin, so on and so forth, etc...etc...I have made parts for race trucks, race cars, Harleys, bicycle parts, etc....
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am a private pre school teacher. it is my life. i enjoy influencing the lives of young kids before it's too late. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You mean you can get paid for that? Where do I sign up for this I've been doing it for free for years.
    lol yup its called babysitting/nanny. But I don't get paid much, I do it to help out the neighbors. They'd go insane otherwise [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    ~Michelle (AKA Geva or Jennifer)

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, I sit around, neglect my computer science homework, and pester my father about never paying my tuition on time. It's an easy life but I'm pretty sure I'd prefer to earn my own living... I like to be independant and I enjoy putting in my share of work. Unfortunately my family instilled me with this stupid value of education. :)
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I am a webmaster and freelance writer, I also work part-time for a renfair jeweler (lapidary). Unless I'm at the jeweler's place working, I can telecommute (handy).

In college I got my BA in classical archaeology. During college I was a computer tech and lab-rat, doing hardware installs and helping at the CAD lab. That was over 10 years ago.

I am also secretary, historian, webmaster and con coordinator for the local gaming club that meets Sat evenings.

My four cats, and growing collection of CPs keep me sane while I work from home, as I don't get much RL company during the day. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently spend about half my life fooling around in the jungle in Borneo, Sulawesi, Sumatra, Papua New Guinea and anywhere else that looks like no one has been, searching for new plants. I make money by collecting seed of anything interesting that I find and propagating the plants and then selling them to private collectors or releasing them to large nurseries for "mass market" sale.

As an example I would estimate that about 95% of the people in the US, the UK and Europe that have Amorphophallus titanum in their collections have plants or seeds from me.
    I also collect seed of Nepenthes and virtually any other unsual plant I find.

I love my job.

Cheers, Troy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work in the office of sponsored research in a big 10 university near Chicago, IL. I do prairie restoration for fun.

I know Pica...I was a pressman for years. I ran Halm 6" and 10" Jet presses. And I still have all my fingers.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey fatboy, I think I'm going to send you my resume. I would love to work for you.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast