Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So, what do you do for a living

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ozzy

Not to rub it in, well maybe just a little, but I will go on one of my best trips ever this week. I won't go into the details right now but I plant to write an article when I get back with some (hopefully) juicy pics of some very famous and some rarely seen Neps.

Cheers, Troy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm an environmental analyst, which means I sit in a cubicle and stare at reports or a computer screen all day.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    26 years with Ma Bell. 16 years a linesman, 3 years an installer and repairman, 3 years splicing cable, 2 years Maintainance splicing, 2 years Microwave antenna technician.
    Antenna tech was the best. We snowcat into the mountains, or have to helicopter to some of the antenna sites we have way back up there. Once we did a mule train in Springville, Calif., to get to an antenna site. Put in video feed for the (then) Crosby Golf tournaments, and video feeds at Edwards Air Force Base for the landing of the Space Shuttle. Got a tour there and saw my first SR-73(?) spy plane, and a tour of the shuttle Atlantis. I loved all the work that was way out and away from "civilization" and in the Sierras, all along the spine of those California Mountains.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky you, Bugweed. I love the Sierras. My dad worked for Ma Bell his whole life. 40 years +. He was always trying to get us transferred to exotic places, Tehran, Iran being one of them, Nepal another.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Director of Education at Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens

See: www.mainegardens.org

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

I get paid to take poop off about 4,000 people.

"poop" huh? I think the original word was descriptive enough [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] .

Silly filters!!
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Hortman @ June 18 2005,2:02)]Director of Education at Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens

See: www.mainegardens.org
    John,
    your place sounds great!
    I wish I had known those gardens were there before!
    My fiance and I were just in Boothbay Harbour last September! stayed there for almost a week..

This October we are going to Maine again for our honeymoon..
    will the gardens be open late September - Early October?
    or do you shut down for the winter by then?
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scot, we are open year-round. Sept. and Oct. are WONDERFUL times to be in Maine. The hoards of tourists are gone, many of the leaves are down...creating many more sightlines of the water everywhere, rates are down, the beautiful autumn sun makes everthing golden. Do you get the idea I love it here?

Contact me when you know your travel plans and I'll be glad to give you a tour.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast