Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manowar kings of metal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey folks, and Mabudon in particular [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Here's the first few hours on sculpting the Manowar mascot model kit from the cover of their records. For you non-metallers this one is from Kings of Metal LP.

I'm still looking up some good facial reference since they never show the face (or feet) of their guy, hence the blank head. The sword is just tacked there for the pic.

Thanks for lookin! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks awesome!
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it gonna be a kit for real Josh I do all my painting in 25mm scale or thereabouts, working on something in that scale would be a blast, so PLEASE let me know if it's gonna be available in any form however limited
    And is this just bait since I haven't replied to your last couple topics due to unfamiliarity with the subject matter [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Looks GREAT so far- you really have the "coiled tension" thing going on exactly the way the Manowarrior should be....

for feet I'm still gonna suggest either fur "booties" with leather straps or leather sandals that go just above the ankles, but I know even without input you'll "Cook" up something good

And I stil have them skeletons, just been going through a relatively "Zero Cash" period lately darn it

CAN'T WAIT to see the one-up on this
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just knew you were waiting on this one so once I finally got started on him I thought I'd better let you know! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

I'm hoping to make him a kit, I'm sculpting it with that goal in mind (keeping it "moldable") since I know a few people who "need one" aside from myself.

I've fixed his upper back anatomy quite a bit since the photos, including getting out the jewelers saw and cutting off muscle and totally resculpting! Also the ring holding arm I've raised a bit higher over his head so it matches the cover art better (I'll get some new pics up monday night before I gotta go back to work).

Yeah, I've been thinking of the furry Conan boots as well since it's such a Frazetta's Conan-ish painting! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

He'll be on a 6" base of rocks and the fallen flags since I recently leaned a great trick for fabrics and I need the practice.

BTW have you seen the new Iron Maiden figures by Neca? There's a 7" and 18" size Somewhere in Time Eddie and a 7" Piece of Mind Eddie with an asylum wall diorama base. Both are really well sculpted in comparison to the Iron Maiden figs released by McFarlane a few years back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want a sculpture of the lead singer for Iron Maiden..Bruce Dickinson...:: Oh, that long, flowing hair...those legs!
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool statue! I checked out manowar on iTunes about a week before i saw this, and i thought it was pretty good. Talk about irony.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, no kidding April, I have been thinking about sculpting a Bruce Dickinson! From the old Run to the Hills video with the large spikey arm bands , this was also his longest hair days!

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, I "need" one I think...
    Still trying to think of suggestions for the face- maybe Kerrgan from highlander (can't recall the guys name) although the guys face is a bit too squarish- gotta have the eyes really squinty, though, I'd imagine- you could always just use Eric Adams face as a jumping off point maybe...

Can't wait to see the next phase man!! (but I will, of course)

And thankls for mentioning the new Maiden figs- the McFarlane ones were kinda really crummy somehow- I always thought the idea would be good but when I finally saw the figs they left me somewhat cold..

(BTW how cool would a "Powerslave Eddie" be, maybe 8 inches hig, so you could have that pyramid in your garden or as a paperweight- THAT would rock and be pretty easy to do... hmmmmm)
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast