What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here is my newest toy....

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
when i went to Dillon last week(long dang car ride) Darla and i stoped at a small gun shop. i was cruising through some handguns and Darla called me over to inspect a rifle she found on the used gun rack. what she showed me was one of the most beautiful Maple stocks i have seen, attached to the beautiful piece of wood was a 1917 Enfield, which is about my all time favorite action. i checked the price tag and you could have knocked me over with a feather, it read: $150!!!! i checked the bore, for a rifle almost 90 years old, it looked brand new. the action cycled with out a hitch and the trigger was nice and crisp. Darla asked me if i wanted it and we were at the counter as fast as i could move. definatly the best $150 i hav spent in a long time. the gun is probably worth 3 times what i paid. its chambered in its original 30-06 and if it shoots half as good as it looks it i have my new favorite hunting rifle

enfield.jpg

0d801df2.jpg

Wow, I don't know anything about guns, but thats a pretty nice looking one! My dad would be jealous, I'm sure.

Congrats on the find
cool.gif

Well, I'm offended. That butt's visible to anyone who looks and children visit here.

LOL
laugh.gif
Ohmy...that was good. I needed that.
biggrin.gif

Well...I'm not keen on guns BUT that is a really pretty one and its an antique as well so I can appreciate that.
smile.gif

antique? its no antique, my 7x57 is an antique, it was produced in 1895 in Germany for the Chiliean army, still works flawlessly. gotta love old world craftsmenship

That was a heck of a deal, it looks just like it's brand new. That's one fine Butt too.:p

Indeed. What a lucky find that was! Congradulations

Nice stock...too bad it wasn't a guitar, LOL! I love figured maple. You got a good deal there!

That is a beautiful rifle rattler.  I notice it has scope mounts.  Will you put one on or use the iron sights.
Let us know how it shoots.
I love the smell of burning gun powder in the morning.

thats deffinately the purdiest rifle Ive seen

Yes a nice looking piece for sure.Maybe one of the nicest stocks ive seen for a long while and should shoot like a dream fantastic stopping power and with the right ammo should drop in some nice grouping to
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ June 17 2005,7:57)]a gun is not a toy!!!
smile_n_32.gif
But they're still fun!

Very nice rifle you've got there, and it's shiny too!

You said it was a 30-06? Crap, just a little bit larger than my prized Springfield M-21.

How is it's accuracy? What grouping can you get at a hundred yards? (My record is about half an inch with my M-21.)

Very nice gun! That maple is absolutely gorgeus!.:O

My mom`s talking about getting me a rifle,though personally I`d like to start with a B-B. If and when I do get a rifle I`d want a nice scope and snipe from the roof,and then its payback time!!!!!!!!!!!........................................................

On the coons\cougars\and bobcats! Lol. They just keep ravageing our Chucks. Weve already killed a `possum,and a `coon. And were getting a bear trap from the game warden tommorow!

Hey Rattler! Very nice curio! The hand rubbed burled maple stock is particularly nice. I love the look and feel of relics. What a woman you have to find something like that!

i went fishing this weekend insted of shooting. got a sunburn and drank alot of beer.........i had a blast! i really needed that. the fish werent really biting and we didnt get much. Darla caught nice sauger, that whole deal had to be seen to be believed(ill explain in another post). im going to take it out after work on night this week. i expect it should be able to hold a 1.5 inch group at 100, perfectly fine hunting accuracy. most of my rifles(being that most are well over 50 years old) only shoot 1.5 to 2.5 inch groups with decent ammo. ive got 270 and 223 tht shoot better than i can but since i know i shouldnt be shooting past 250 yrds at living critter i dont need tack driver. as fr as sights, for this one i will be using scope since it is a dedicated big game rifle, you cn see better through a scope there for you can hit better. i do use iron sights but not on any of my main big game rifles.i use iron sights to punch paper and milk jugs and occationally on varmits.

Very nice looking rifle.

If we had room for a deep freezer, I could prolly convince my wife to let me get a hunting rifle.

Back