Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long lost favorite games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few months ago I downloaded MAME and tried out a bunch of the old arcade games I remember loving. Then I found out when you have unlimited quarters, arcade games can be finished in about 10 minutes. I'm not sure if I feel ripped off now or not. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

There was a game I used to play on the C64... you played a nurse in a maternity ward. All throughout the ward there were cribs in which you'd have to place babies that were crawling around on the floor. The place was filled with various baby hazards... electrical sockets, rat poison, things falling off tables, open elevator shafts, etc. You'd have to catch the babies before they reached them. As the cribs would fill up, the babies would keep popping back out, while more and more babies were brought into the room.

There was no way to win the game. You'd just see how long you could go before the carnage started.

God I wish we had games like that today. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never was one for the arcades, Ozzy. And I certainly didn't have the means - back then my allowance was like $1.50 a week. It was all about my NES and Genesis back in the day.
    Since MAME came along I've had exactly the opposite experience, endparenthesis. Well, some games are pretty trivial, but I've been trying to get past level 28 on Bubble Bobble for nigh unto four years now. It's the scourge of my existence. Or Burger Time? I can't even make a dent in that game.
    In my experience it's the new games that are painfully short. I finished Resident Evil 4 in just over seven hours, and I really felt like I was taking my time. I'd get more for my buck going to a nine dollar movie!
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]There was no way to win the game. You'd just see how long you could go before the carnage started.
    Sounds like it would have been more fun to just sit back and let things rip!!!

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're really a glutton for punishment, they now have those games out for the Gameboy Advance SP. You get several of the arcade games on a cartridge. The one I got (in a moment of misplaced nostalgia) has Defender, Robotron 2004, Joust, and Sinistar on it. It was bad enough playing them at the arcade, but on a 2'' by 1" screen is worse.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have alway enjoyed Rampage, Donkey Kong, Pacman/Ms Pacman, and Asteroids. I can not remember any others or at least there names.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12