User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The (un)official heavy metal appreciation thread!

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GWAR
    Now thats a concert.

I like mid 90's and on for darker metal and industrial. Type O Negative, Skinny Puppy, Acid Bath, Nine Inch Nails, Ministry, Gwar, Pantera, Sepultura, Nail Bomb, and a bunch more.

GWAR!

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet! Someone else likes Pantera!
    ****ING HOSTILE!

I checked out Sepultura, but it seemed like the lead singer just screamed the whole time. Pantera kinda does it too, but they do it in a better way.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sepultura, Soul Fly, and Nail Bomb are all the same singer.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are? I've never heard of the other two, so i wouldn't know.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gwar is indeed a fantastic show! I saw them in 1987/1988 when they were wearing tinfoil helmets and had props made of cardboard! All the way to the current stage show with actual sculpted latex props, koolaid "blood kegs" and everything. I love those guys - I must have seen them at least 25 times!

"I'm in love with a dog named pookie" [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SoulFly is...............Electric Tribal music. Very earthy percussions laced with heavy riffs and the vocals are Portuguese and native tongues of various tribal communities. The singer was born and raised in Brazil. Max Cavalera is his name. Nail Bomb is a political band against the mistreatment of native tribal communities.

GWAR has to be the oddest show I've seen. I've seen them a few times myself. Very good interaction with the crowd - alot of fun to see them.

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe, All of Sepultura is from Brazil, Max left to form Soulfly. We interviewed Sepultura on the Tattoo the Earth concert tour (sans Max) a few years ago. I never saw such enormous joints! I imagined the outside of the tour bus looked like that cheech & chong movie with all the smoke pouring out the car windows![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] *

(*not an endorsement of illegal activity)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Sabbath
    Blue Cheer (the very first metal band)
    Gwar
    Skinny Puppy
    Metallica (Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning, Garage Days)
    Slayer(South of Heaven)
    Iron Maiden
    Megadeath
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast