What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What other hobbies besides cp?

What other hobbies consume your time?

I have two others;  

Homebrewing beer and Military Relic Hunting with a metal detector.  (mainly Civil War)

Here are some relics I have recovered.

gnrs2000.jpg

2002bullet1.jpg

camp2002jj1.jpg

camp2002jj2.jpg

camp2002jj4.jpg

JJ

very cool, other hobbies include hunting and fishing. shooting old bolt guns, especially military bolt guns from WWII and earlier(enfields, mausers, nagants ect). i spend alot of time "rock hunting" mainly for Montana moss agates around here but fossils, sapphires, garnets and gold have also been found in my travels around this large state. im getting into dart frogs a bit. no actual frogs but i do have a tank in the process of growing out and another under construction. i do some canoeing also.

rifle shooting, scuba diving, skiing, music (any kind of metal), and SLEEP!

Homebrewing (mostly mead, lately)
Astronomy (I have a very nice pair of binoculars, and a 10" dob... haven't made the expensive leap into astrophotography yet)

Goodness. Where to start...
I like to play trad. Irish tunes on my tin whistles. I listen to a wide variety of music - ska, punk, emo, Irish/scottish trad., video game soundtrack remixes, techno, original score soundtracks, some classical, swing, jazz. I also greatly enjoy watching anime. Sci-fi & Star Trek(TNG rocks!). Then there's computers(and any other shiny electronics). Can't forget that one. I'm a bit of a computer geek....I use Linux. Windows is evil.
lurk.gif

I run an online heavy metal magazine www.battlehelm.com and sculpt action figure/model kit protoypes both at home for fun and freelance at a local toy studio (get paid for having fun).

Here's some of my own crap, usually cenetred around punk or metal music bands that I grew up on:

cannibal corpse
zombie4.jpg

circle jerks
goon15.jpg

exploited/pushead
pus10.jpg

and since this is a CP board I suppose I could show that I did make a Nepenthes inermis model kit a year or two ago, the first ever CP model kit but it didn't sell well though so I never went ahead with the series of carnivorous Plants that i had envisioned
smile_h_32.gif

inermis1.jpg
]

You can see more of my sculpted stuff and skateboard sticker designs at: Toy Riot

Oh, other than CPs I dabble in a number of things...

I write and run D&D for my local folks. Paint miniatures and such for that game, and collect gaming stuff and dice (someday I'll take a pic of my office, aka the 'Room of Doom' gaming library). Also am secretary and webmaster for the local gaming club.

I work part-time for a renfair/SCA merchant (jeweler) so I'm starting to travel with him. Do some SCA historic reinactment, fencing, archery, and of course the costuming for that. Also do fantasy costuming for LARP events at cons. I also do needlework of various kinds, mainly counted cross-stitch and embroidery.

I continue with a lifelong interest in genealogy, and am now 'family historian' for my and my husband's families.

I'm a sucker for cats, and currently have 4 rescues living with me.

You can check out my webpage for details, but don't be suprised if there isn't much there. The cobbler's children have no shoes, and the webmaster doesn't have much of a personal website. I only get to put stuff up once and a while in between other stuff, when I can borrow a camera, since I don't own a digital.

So no, I don't do much... LOL.

G-gauge model trains.
and Live Steamers..(meaning they use real fire and steam to move)

steam_14.jpg

Ruby36.jpg

29n2-63.jpg

LVPA23.jpg

Scot

Those are some nice train Scotty! As usaully Swords (Josh), HOLY COW! Jason maybe one day I will see you at a gun show.

My hobbies are: hunting, fishing, running, hiking, yard work, stock market, karate *back in the day full contact fighting, nothing like fight night. That is were heavy metal comes in*, grappling, and watching stupid horror movies.

Other than cp's...

video games (yes, at 31, I am still a sometime gamer)
karate (like to get physical!)
poker - this is a new hobby. I like partypoker.com

My other interests are wide and varied but I guess the two other main hobbies of mine are antiques and collecting rocks/minerals (and hopefully one day to cross the line to rockhounding). I collect a lot of things and also have a bay in an antique shop which takes a lot of work (attending auctions, yard and estates sales, etc., cleaning, painting, repairing, pricing and hauling stuff). I am a member of a local rock club and may be taking a position in the group (not so willingly...).

There are lots of other things I like to do but time is tight for me. One day I think I'm gonna sell off everything and run away to live in a grass hut on the Outer Banks as a beach bum.
smile.gif
Nooooo stress except for what to eat for dinner. lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ June 21 2005,4:11)]There are lots of other things I like to do but time is tight for me.  One day I think I'm gonna sell off everything and run away to live in a grass hut on the Outer Banks as a beach bum.  
smile.gif
 Nooooo stress except for what to eat for dinner.  lol
Make sure you have internet connection on the beach!
smile_m_32.gif
You may have sell some kelp on the side to pay for the monthly fee. tee hee..

ANIMALS!! I love animals,I've got 2 large dogs,a rabbit,3 ferrets,3 rats and some fish
smile.gif
I also love other plants,music,fishing,reading about animals.*Niki*
smile_m_32.gif

nature, reading, gardening, playing games, science... *shrugs*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elarwhis @ June 21 2005,12:56)]I listen to a wide variety of music - ska, punk,
You like ska and punk? Hmmm.....

Anyways, I enjoy tropical fish, ping-pong, Scrabble, volleyball, tennis, watching my favorite sports teams, listening to pop oldies, reading Christian history, gardening, baking.....

When I'm not doing CP stuff, I'm usually playing some PC game. Usually and FPS such as Counter-Strike or the new Battlefield 2 demo. That's about it, but give me a break. I'm young.

i have a nasty habbit of cramming myself full of things.
animals big time; fostering is where it always begins, then you start to keep one or two...then three hundred animals later you find yourself single and confused.:p (kidding)
homebrewing as well. still an unperfected art but fun non the less. last batch i over carbonated and had exploding bottles in the kicthen, what a nightmare.
swing danceing, i love it! i have taken many salsa, jazz, ballroom etc etc but swing is where it is at.
music all over. at one time i was booking my own shows, now a days i just buy redicilus amounts of music and sing in the shower.
camping/hikeing as much as time will permit. the olympic forest over here i can't get enough of.

I have a reef tank, freshwater tank, I love camping and hiking (weather permitting of course), playing guitar, sailing and computers. And I love my 2 cats and my new puppy!

For some reason I started collecting razors, like old and newer shaving razors.

I love reading botanical publications (mostly non-CPs though)
I also will have a massive chamber for a 'Sambava' Panther chameleon again some day. I have put it off for awhile since it will cost sooo much. I love chameleons.

I also spend alot of time experimenting with organic mixes and composting and just alot of different general organics. Replicating natural environments and soils and ferts.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mannex17 @ June 21 2005,9:55)]When I'm not doing CP stuff, I'm usually playing some PC game. Usually and FPS such as Counter-Strike or the new Battlefield 2 demo. That's about it, but give me a break. I'm young.

Break given - being young's got nothing to do with it. After 33 years of believing in the motto "Video Games Are For Troglodytes", I finally started playing them nine years ago, when a sneaky roomate downloaded the Duke Nukem 3D demo onto my machine and thus triggered my addiction.

Today, I successfully combine my "other" hobby with work by co-running a game localization company...

Oh yes, I have a third hobby: orchids. Just started last week!
smile.gif

Back