Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What other hobbies besides cp?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What other hobbies consume your time?

I have two others;

Homebrewing beer and Military Relic Hunting with a metal detector. (mainly Civil War)

Here are some relics I have recovered.

JJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very cool, other hobbies include hunting and fishing. shooting old bolt guns, especially military bolt guns from WWII and earlier(enfields, mausers, nagants ect). i spend alot of time "rock hunting" mainly for Montana moss agates around here but fossils, sapphires, garnets and gold have also been found in my travels around this large state. im getting into dart frogs a bit. no actual frogs but i do have a tank in the process of growing out and another under construction. i do some canoeing also.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rifle shooting, scuba diving, skiing, music (any kind of metal), and SLEEP!
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Homebrewing (mostly mead, lately)
    Astronomy (I have a very nice pair of binoculars, and a 10" dob... haven't made the expensive leap into astrophotography yet)
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodness. Where to start...
    I like to play trad. Irish tunes on my tin whistles. I listen to a wide variety of music - ska, punk, emo, Irish/scottish trad., video game soundtrack remixes, techno, original score soundtracks, some classical, swing, jazz. I also greatly enjoy watching anime. Sci-fi & Star Trek(TNG rocks!). Then there's computers(and any other shiny electronics). Can't forget that one. I'm a bit of a computer geek....I use Linux. Windows is evil.
    Growlist

We are perishing for want of wonder, not for want of wonders.
    - G.K. Chesterton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run an online heavy metal magazine www.battlehelm.com and sculpt action figure/model kit protoypes both at home for fun and freelance at a local toy studio (get paid for having fun).

Here's some of my own crap, usually cenetred around punk or metal music bands that I grew up on:

cannibal corpse

circle jerks

exploited/pushead

and since this is a CP board I suppose I could show that I did make a Nepenthes inermis model kit a year or two ago, the first ever CP model kit but it didn't sell well though so I never went ahead with the series of carnivorous Plants that i had envisioned [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    ]

You can see more of my sculpted stuff and skateboard sticker designs at: Toy Riot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, other than CPs I dabble in a number of things...

I write and run D&D for my local folks. Paint miniatures and such for that game, and collect gaming stuff and dice (someday I'll take a pic of my office, aka the 'Room of Doom' gaming library). Also am secretary and webmaster for the local gaming club.

I work part-time for a renfair/SCA merchant (jeweler) so I'm starting to travel with him. Do some SCA historic reinactment, fencing, archery, and of course the costuming for that. Also do fantasy costuming for LARP events at cons. I also do needlework of various kinds, mainly counted cross-stitch and embroidery.

I continue with a lifelong interest in genealogy, and am now 'family historian' for my and my husband's families.

I'm a sucker for cats, and currently have 4 rescues living with me.

You can check out my webpage for details, but don't be suprised if there isn't much there. The cobbler's children have no shoes, and the webmaster doesn't have much of a personal website. I only get to put stuff up once and a while in between other stuff, when I can borrow a camera, since I don't own a digital.

So no, I don't do much... LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G-gauge model trains.
    and Live Steamers..(meaning they use real fire and steam to move)

Scot

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast