Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earthlink total access 2005

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you run a virus check? Or scanned for adware, etc. Might be another program of this type running in the background causing a conflict with Total Access. Just a wild guess.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't checked for a virus, but I don't think I have one. I do have Ad-Aware and run that. So far no problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ June 23 2005,12:07)]Have you run a virus check? Or scanned for adware, etc. Might be another program of this type running in the background causing a conflict with Total Access. Just a wild guess.
    Before doing anything radical - I would strongly recommend doing a virus scan. If you don't have one of the services (McAfee, Symantec or other) - get one.

Consider enabling your firewall if you haven't already.

In addition to Adaware - get Spybot (also free). I run both but Spybot seems much more sensitive (and they're both highly rated).

When I had to reload windows several months ago, I received a rude awakening on how many evil things are trying to infect my computer. Anyone who doesn't have an auto-updating reputable virus scan (as a minimum requirement) probably has multiple infections and some may be insidious (I had one that redirected my browser to a sophisticated phishing site when I attempted to reload my virus scanner). Completely amazing what's out there now...

As others on this thread - I'm not a fan of the Redmond monopoly either (for many reasons) but one reason is that they are a huge target of all the bad guys who want to steal stuff from you (or harm you or your system). Your IE and OE are major targets which leave you open to bad things happening.

Good luck resolving your problems...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say my weakest security link would be my Mcaffee. So I'll have to look into getting the latest and greatest. I tried having 2 Spyware removal last year and the pc promptly locked up. I have been using Zone Alarm right along.

For grins and chuckles, Earthlink adsvertized an upgrade to 2005.2, so I did the upgrade to see what that would do, before I do something radical. I have access to Total Access again. Just can't figure out how "leave copy on server", even though the box is checked in Outlook. Any ideas on that?

I do thank you all for your input!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12