What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favourite season and why?

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall... (All ya got to do is call...)

I love Spring. Temps are wrm enough to be comfortable again. Baseball season has arrived. Plants are rebounding and flowering.

Fall is a close second because the Summer heat is finally going away - and of course, football.

Winter can be a bit rough, being more housebound and Summer heat and humidity takes away my energy.

How about you?

Fall and Spring. The two perfect seasons. You have no bugs and the temp is not to cold and not to hot.

I have nothing against winter or summer.
smile.gif

love summertime in Georgia! hot and steamy thick atmosphere, lots of sunshine to tan, birds chirping by day, crickets by night, it's great!
spring is second because it's a little warm, but i hate fall (allergic to mold that's on the leaves) and i despise winter. too cold!

They have winter in Georgia? (j/k)
smile_m_32.gif

Fall is my favorite. Not being afflicted with allergies luckily, I love the smell of the leaves, the crunch underfoot... The cool crisp air. The bright colors.

Spring and winter tie for second place. I love snow, and spring flowers (lilacs!). Summer is least favorite. I just wilt in the heat, and burn instead of tanning much unless I really really go easy. But then I'm from north of the Mason/Dixon line!
smile_n_32.gif
Nothing against summer, I just don't function as well.

I love Spring and Summer, Autumn is not too bad but it kinda depresses me to see annual plants die off and most of the rest go into dormacy
smile_h_32.gif
]
Coming from a Meditteranean climate where temperatures regualy get to 40 degrees celcious and above Ive always been used to heat and long, dry summers(dont know fahrenheit but the normal human body temperature in celcious is 37 degrees)
I like winters too, but it doesnt usually snow here, and I LOVE snow!
smile.gif

Winters can also seem a bit long and depressing, but otherwise they are fine.

sure they have winter! it never snows where i live though, it just slushes.

My first fav is Spring,I like how it's not too hot,but pleasant,I also like the Spring showers,and how all the animals are having their babies,and all the plants come out,it's pretty
smile.gif
And second is Fall.I LOVE the beautiful leaves on the trees,and it's still not too cold.Summer is ok,but it's way too hot for me.I can't be in the sun too long or else I get 2nd degree burns(from just 15 minutes in the afternoon sun!)and Winter is ok too,but too cold.But my dogs love snow and it's fun to see them play in it
smile.gif
But every year I fall on my butt from the black ice,I hate that part,lol.*Niki*
cool.gif

Spring, It's when the Cps are out.
Fall, It's all hallow's night. What is a better excuse for having reckless fun.

All-Hallow-Eve gives some good clean fun. It's not like anyone get critically injured or dies. Maybe seriously injured but rarely enough to go to the hospital.

I can't decide. I like winter because of snow and stuff, spring because of flowers and all the "new life", summer because there's reptiles and others, and autumn because of the colors.
and yet, I dislike winter because it's too cold sometimes and not much green, spring because i'm slightly allergic to (pine?) pollen, summer because it's hot and i hate heat, and autumn because it's not as exciting... it's cool but not really exciting.

Winter, November thru March, is my favorite time of year in South Florida.  Cool sweater weather evenings, warm days, good "off shore" fishing, no rain and no hurricanes.  Don't get any better than that.

Autumn is my favorite.
cool crisp days, leaves changing color, its gorgeous!

Spring second.
winter finally over, days in the 50's and 60's..CPs coming back to life!

Winter third.
I dont mind the cold and 10 feet of snow (Rochester winter average)
I like my temps cool..
the only bad thing about winter is thats its 2 months too long.
it should only be 3 months long, but here it is 5 months.

Summer least favorite.
cant stand the heat.
anything over 80 degrees is too hot.
90 or higher is dismal..I dont even want to be outside..
fortunately we dont get much of that..
but still, not a huge fan of summer..

Scot

Back