User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: At what point do we start pitching tea......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]At issue was the scope of the Fifth Amendment, which allows governments to take private property through eminent domain if the land is for "public use."
    What part of "public use" do the SC justices not understand? Using eminent domain to take property from citizens, so it can be sold to a private corporation to make a profit is not "publice use".

This is perhaps the most dangerous decision the Supreme Court has ever rendered. It should not...will not stand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How quickly the mighty empire crumbles. We can all say we were witnesses to the begining of The United States' fall from the top. Every empire in history that has collapsed under its own weight has done so for one reason, the government stopped working for the good of the empire and instead worked for the good of the individuals with in the government. The people who will finance and build these buildings are those who control the government, most of our represenatives are business owners or are closely tied to business owners, so this would be a good thing for them. I have long believed that the United States was in its decline ever since the fall of the Soviet Union, and to me this is just more evidence of that decline, and it seems to be crumbling faster and faster all the time. Its time for a whole scale overhaul of the people in power, or its time to prepare for the inevitable.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting isnt it, this desition and the burning of the flag stuff going on in congress days before the 4th of July, the day we celebrate our freedom from tyranny? if thats not ironic i dont know what is.

ive done lots of reading since my original post yesterday and here is what i come up with:

#1 this desition does not go in the face of the 5th amendment, the desition just basically says that developing land for the intents of generating tax revenue can be considered "using land for the public good"

while the guberment has to abide by: "nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation" from the 5th amendment. what is just compensation? i dont get why the government can take your land that you bought, paid for, put your blood sweat and tears into, has all your family memories in? what is just compensation? if i dont want to sell my land why should they be able to make. who cares if they are giving me current market value, who cares if its 5 times what i paid for? its MY TEN ACRES AND NO ONE ELSES! if i dont want to sell it so some one can put in a Wal Mart thats my buisness and no one elses! what happened to the American Dream? is it now the Corprate American Dream?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2 if you have a state law that saws your state and city governments cant do this sorta thing than they cant. i think i heard that this ruling will have lil effect on Colorado due to their current state law and they probably arent the only ones. get in touch with your state representatives!

#3 i still am with you guys who say we definatly need to change things, and ASAP! this kinda ruling though really starts making yah think the 2nd Amendment is a good thing to have around doesnt it? big brother is in the pockets of big buisness, that fact should be as plain as day now.
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am emailing south dakotas congressmen rihgt at this moment...this cannot stand...i do know that the usa has a check system for this sort a deal....but i ant very sure how it work, too bad i didnt listen in my history classes.lol

thanks

BRad
    thanks for you imput

Brad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is an interesting take on this ruling..
    this person is saying that basically the media is blowing this way out of proportion..(big surpise there..)
    and that the supreme court has done nothing except say "leave it up to the states, we are staying out of it."
    so this supreme court decision does nothing new as far as emminent domain..it changes nothing.
    I havent read enough about this case to know if he is right or not..
    but here it is:

http://www.ngdiscussion.net/cgi-bin/....pl?read=61355

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it used to be basically that emminent domain ment that it had to be absolutly for the public good for example parks or widening a street ect. this ruling basically told all city and state officials that you can purchase private land for "just compensation" and put in a strip mall so you can collect more taxes. like i did say it isnt an unconstitutional ruling in the simplest sence. however the message it is sending to private citizens is loud and clear. money talks and you[Joe Citizen] can take a hike.
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly, there aren't even plans for some of the land. If so, it isn't even necessarily going for a known "better" use. It'll just sit idle until some parasite with dollars comes whispering in the New London Developmet Authority's ear. The poisonous influence in this country isn't gay marriage and it isn't flag burning. It's money.

A flag burner shows more respect for the flag than just about anyone. The flag burner sees the flag as a powerful symbol of the nation, its leaders, and its actions. To really desecrate a flag, attach it to the car antenna and let it fade into tatters. Actually, if you want to see some serious flag desecration, watch what'll happen in newspaper ads and car dealerships next week as the July 4th specials start appearing. The flag as a marketing gimmick is the worst desecration of all. If a New London landowner burned a flag yesterday, it wasn't desecration.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast