Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farewell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ElGecko...

So far the nep is still green. When I got home from work today, it was a little limp, because it's been so darn hot here. I moved it from a diffused light situation to a total shade one, until this heat lets up (outdoors). I have watered it with distilled water every day..today, I really soaked it.

I have it planted in a basket lined with lfs. The actual medium I have it in is orchid bark w/charcoal. Is this correct? Let me know...I'll do whatever it takes!

those geckos are so pretty..it must be hard to decide between the discus and the geckos. Aprilh
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elgecko,

You needed to change the lights to ones with electronic low heat ballists. They are very cool. Plants can also grow with just 2 watts of light per gallon -- especially the ones you have. Also, opening the lids and letting evaporation cool the water -- place a small fan blowing on the tank -- is an amazing way to cool. Sad to see such nice fish go. BTW, what are those floating plants -- frogbit?

Bobby

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    biggun110,
    I'll have to look for those cooler ballasts sometime.
    I only had 2 watts per gallon. The 80 watts was on the 40 gallon.
    The floating plant that was in the discus tank was water lettuce.

April,
    Sounds like you might be watering it too much. I water my neps twice a week. They like to be a little moist, not soggy.
    It should be fine with diffused light.
    I believe I've read people using the same mix as you, orchid bark w/charcoal. I have had great success with equal parts peat moss, LFS, and perlite. I thought about trying some other mixes but thought: why fix it, if it ain't broke.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ELGECKO!!! Do NOT scare us like that!
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12