Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Justice lets it all hang out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the church also cut off every statue's private parts in the vatican didn't they?

I think that's stupid. art is art.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think the human body is art. And the bodies of animals, too. Perfectly attuned for our environments.

We all go through gestation. At every step of the way, during gestation, something can go wrong. Most of the time...nothing goes wrong. When I consider all the stuff that goes into making another being...I can't consider that the naked results are "dirty".
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Perfectly attuned for our environments.
    not really.
    birth pains, knee problems, back problems, wisdom teeth, etc.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Birth pains are to be expected...it's like trying to shove a watermelon through a keyhole (my sister's words, not mine.)

Wisdom teeth are the remants of our ancestors, (from what I have read in Nature and Discovery magazines)who were omnivorus to a greater extent than today. They had the jaw size to accomodate extra teeth, look at the skulls on early hominids, their jaws are huge.

Back pain and knee pain are from old age(?), I think. Or perhaps, a more sedentary lifestyle?
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the point isn't why, the point is that we're not "Perfectly attuned for our environments."
    other animals have perfectly straight teeth because their jaws aren't too small for their number of teeth, they aren't in SO much pain as female Homo sapiens (that's what I hear anyway), they don't get knee and back pains.
    We get backpains because we're bipedial... i'm assuming that's also why our knees (ask any athelete/chiropractor) are so commonly hurt.
    another one are our eyes... just look at how many people have contacts/eye glasses. We're not perfectly suited for our environment. heck, we need to wear clothes and we're always putting on sunscreen and bug spray, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would be perfectly suited to our environment if natural selection was permitted to take its course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seandew is right. If we went on darwinist standards...we WOULD be perfectly suited for our environment. Darwinist standards are kind of brutal.

Lots of animals don't have perfect teeth...and lots of them get knee and back pain (hip dysplasia in dogs). Arthritis. Bone spurs. "Kissing spines" in horses. Just like us and as a result of age.

How do you know that animals don't need glasses? Because they can't tell you that their eyesight is blurry! I have a couple of cats whose eyesight is blurry..if they were allowed outdoors, their lives would be really short. Nature doesn't really allow the old and infirm to hang around long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did I say they didn't?
    I meant to say that neither we nor animals are perfectly atuned to our environment... but it's easier to come up with human examples

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast