Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Justice lets it all hang out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mister ED. Haaa.
    Okay. Hey Alpha just FYI if you are a sutdent you can get Nature for a lot cheaper then normal I bet you'd like it. Speaking of Darwinist examples the huge toads maybe outcompeating my Neps for bugs. Wait I have another comming up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to encourage this to turn into another one of "those" threads... but evolution doesn't produce perfection, it produces adequacy.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree with swords. This society has gotten to the point where absolutely nothing can be said or done without it being turned into a sexual innuendo. Why is the naked human body such a banned thing in society today? Who is that really going to offend or shock? Who over age 10 does not know what the human body looks like, or is not ever going to? The human body is THERE. Kids will know what both gender bodies look like sooner or later. It's not necessarily offensive unless put into a sexual context. There is absolutely no reason things like this should be pants-crapped over so much.

Why is America (The Book) banned in WalMart, but explicit adult novels are not? This is the kind of ironic bullcrap that blows my mind.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Who is that really going to offend or shock? Who over age 10 does not know what the human body looks like, or is not ever going to?
    A lot of people. The more conservative, the more they're offended.
    I guess they also don't want their kids to find out what humans look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It's not necessarily offensive unless put into a sexual context.
    I can understand how some sexual contexts might be offensive, but why is regular sex offensive anyway? (that's a rhetorical question btw.) It's just as natural as the body.
    Yes, many people are offended by it... but there's no reason to be just like there's no reason to be offended by nudity.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason sex/nudity is considered offensive in this country is because our collective moral code is based on chirstian ethics. Althtough not all people believe this as a whole, as in the majority, of people have a cultural belief that sex/nudity is offensive/wrong/sinful. The reason authority(gov't and religion) is control, they want to control reproduction, and pretty much every other part of the lives of the people. THat is why, religions especally, create so many rules about proper sexual contact and nudity.

P.S. someone mentioned that Michellanglos david was covered during the middle ages, which is inpossible as it was created during the Renainance. Now it was covered during the victorian era, which is when the also destroyed/defaced many classical works, like the wall frescos in Pompeii.
    And also wisdom teeth are a problem of softer diets, forager groups rarely if ever have problems with widom teeth, but they eat a much tougher diet and their jaw grows to accomidate wisdom teeth as they have a need for them.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See the goverment likes us getting married and having lots of children. Because those children will be tax payers. And the more tax payers the happier the government. This is also why (at least some major ones, with famous leaders) churches/religions want people to have more kids. Because theoretically those kids will be that religion and more and more people will be in that religion which means more and more money for that religion. I mean that's all those collection plates, donation pleas, etc. are for. They want your money so they can do stuff with it, even if you would not normally do that stuff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123