What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott's plant pictures #2

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Pictures part 2

Picture-4821.jpg

Picture-4822.jpg

Picture-4825.jpg

Picture-4829.jpg

Picture-4844.jpg

Picture-4846.jpg

Picture-4848.jpg

This is supposed to be the cobra eating stream....What do you think?

I think that looks like a nice stream.
biggrin.gif
Too bad it eats darlingtonia. Hehe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This is supposed to be the cobra eating stream....What do you think?

HAHA! It's so grand to finally see the infamous "cobra bane" stream.
Scott- beautiful use of all sorts of things for containers! You should should start a fund with Charlie Brown to get your local habitat purged of the mischievious spirits that reside within- he gets to keep his kites, you get to keep your Cobras, and I'm sure that there's plenty of other people who would love to participate.
biggrin.gif

Again, thanks, Steve! and thanks to the many people who have contributed to these pics! To name a few: Elegcko, SarraceniaScott, BigCarnivourKid, Wicked Thistle, Copper, Tamlin Dawnstar, Donavan Perrett, Christerb, Treaqum, SarraceniaObcessed, Cool85 (via Bugweed), Snowy Falcon, Dodecatheon, Pyro, Lowes, Home Depot, and others i can't bring to mind right now.

I wish I could say that I have a particularly photogenic set up or any sense of aesthetics - but don't. It's mainly window sills, yogurt cups, pipette dispenser containers, and Gladware. Hey, but the plants live, turn red, and flower. I'm happy.

The stream - see how innocent it looks!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

No problem Scott.
Thanks for the Byblis since my seed does not germinate.

In case you did not notice, I uploaded the posted photos to your Petflytrap Community Hosting area, in a folder called Visit.

I haven't visited it yet! Thank you very much!
smile.gif

I like these pictures. It's a relief to know I can use things found around the house to grow them in outside. Can't tell which ones I like best though. Apparently you don't have critters to worry about! The squirrels ate my first vft and pitcher plant--just left me the spaghum and empty pot.

Looking at your pictures, although I can't identify the plants, I KNOW I want to learn to grow at least one or two carnivorous genera.

That is a dangerous stream

There are some critters out about, but not as if this setting were in the country. The pics of the stream, hanging baskets, and mini-bogs are at our townhouse apartment. All else, in this topic and the other, were taken at the laboratory in which work, in an upper room of an urban apartment, owned by the lab, clamoring for window sill space.

Identification? Yes...well...um... that's going to be more of a challenge, since many of the sundews look alike.

The mini-bog on the left has a D. binata, D. filiformis (California Sunset & all red). in the middle are D. intermedia, rotundifolia, sp. cuba 1, S. 'Dana's' Delight, rubra, and purpurea. The crayon pail has Darlingtonia seedlings and S. alata.

The top photo has D. montana-tomentosa, gramifolia (spiralis), madagascariensis(botswanna), and intermedia.

Below it are: D. dielsiana, pulchella, nitidula, spatulata, coccicaulis, and U. sandersonii.

Below it are: U. livida, U, pubescens, and D. sp. Cuba1.

I'm sure I am missing a few, but that's close enough.

I have also experienced a critter of unknown species chew my VFT's down to the soil media - right at the lab, outside.

Below it are D. paradoxa, callistos, enodes, stelliflora, scorpiodes, anglica, ericksonii, burmanni, and a Cephalotus follicularis.

Below that are

Jim-That stream looks really nice,stop saying bad things about it
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
~Niki~

LOL! It looks innocent, now, but just wait until we get a "gully-washer" and the level rises ~5', reaching and overflowing the banks. In the building the distance, a few years ago, the water overflowed and seeped into the apartments. I remember the area rugs being tossed in the dumpster. That is one Jekyll & Hyde water course!

I'll bet that stream also eats childrens' toes. Look at the empty playground!

fantastic D. paradoxa! and i love the madda.... the one from madagasgar
smile.gif
i moved mine too close to the lights and they burnt but luckily one might make it.

and that stream looks like a GREAT place to swim and fish!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 27 2005,2:52)]fantastic D. paradoxa! and i love the madda.... the one from madagasgar
smile.gif
i moved mine too close to the lights and they burnt but luckily one might make it.

and that stream looks like a GREAT place to swim and fish!
It is! It turns into Wyomissing Creek an gets wider and faster moving.

Michelle: Yeah, at the time there were no children, but there is a group of them in the complex that are normally out there, with their makeshift bows & arrows.

I've always wanted a place with a creek running through it...just remind me not to put any of my sarrs near it!

Now that's an open invititation for an explanation! *taps foot in anticipation*

Back