What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power from hell

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Ok, been a few days since I did a music sculpt so here's the start on a 3D representation of British band Onslaught's best album which I did this weekend:
power8.jpg

power2.jpg

power3.jpg

power4.jpg

power5.jpg

power6.jpg

power7.jpg

long way to go in making it "look like smoke" (a lot of that illusion will depend upon the paintjob too). If I were to make a mold of the base it would be cool to cast it hollow with clear resin and put light inside so the cloud would glow...

I need a life eh?  
smile_n_32.gif

Swords...you are just amazing. Your sculptures are always so perfect!

Have you ever thought of approaching an art gallery to get a showing of your sculptures?

Wow, swords, I think your sculpt looks better than the original album cover! Maybe you could paint it so it shows up extra-scary under blacklight!

That is amazing Swords! That is an amazing talent you have...
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I can't think of any more good things to say about the work you do without sounding like an idiot..so I'll just say...keep up the darn good work!  

And let me know when that Bruce Dickinson sculpt is done, :p:
smile_m_32.gif

Thanks for the nice words! Long ways to go with him yet but got the bulk of it there. I ran out of epoxy on that cloud! Six pounds of Aves Apoxie! Probably need to add at least 2 more to get it the way I want!

I don't think any real art galleries would be interested in this stuff. My art teacher in school hated me drawing monsters and sculpting weird stuff. It doesn't "say" anything other than I live  in a very boring town!
biggrin.gif

I've been trying to get some good screen caps of Bruce from the Run to the Hills and Number of the Beast promo videos since they appear to have been done in the same production schedule (same costume/stage set). I can get some great pose shots but whenever I try to get good face detail shots (Bruce must be 19 in this video!) they come out with so much miore pattern that when I try and equalize the photos in photoshop to get rid of the miore pattern the image gets blurry and I can't tell tiny details so I'm scouring the net looking for good pics of Bruce from when he first joined Iron Maiden after they kicked out Paul Di'Anno... 1983/84? But he's on his way!
smile.gif

You're definately improving. I can only imagine how difficult the wings must have been. The detail on the body is really nice. If you take the cover as a guideline, its a really great, but not exactly 1 to 1, the arm positions aren't the same and the cover seems more hunched over, but I realize you have to actually conform to the laws of physics and materials. As for the smoke, it looks more like a cloud. I was thinking using some sort of epoxy mixed with some grey paint may make it more like smoke. You may have to experiment with materials to get a good effect. The smoke could end up being the hardest part!

Overall I think it is very impressive.

Have you tried a google picture search on Bruce Dickinson? Iron Maiden fansites?

I'll be the first in line for that sculpt, LOL!

You know if you transferred youre sculpting skills to 3D modelling on a computer, you could make a pretty penny at it!

Nice stuff!!!

Capslock

Back