What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saw a cool play this weekend............

The Fort Peck Summer Theater does about 3 or 4 plays every summer. i had never been to it but the gals here at work decided everyone was going up on Friday. the theater seats about 300 and was built during the depression to entertain the workers building the Fort Peck Dam. the actors are generally college theater majors from around the US and such with a few local high schoolers and the occational teacher thrown in. anyways we went up and saw "Lil Shop Of Horrors" they did an awesome job. the play was quite entertaining and you wouldnt believe the one hek of a job they did with Audrey 2. Audrey 2 was about the same size as in the movie and moved quite well and swollowed several actors. unfortunatly they didnt allow photography so there are no pictures.

Is nothing sacred?  So Friday it was Rattler going to the theater.  What's next; **** Cheney sipping latte?

Disclaimer: I had my annual taste of meat at our dog club's pot luck on Sunday.  Most of the people hunt and one brings a big plate of smoked quail and pheasant every year.  I had quite a bit before the hot sun could cook it further.  So I'm good for the next 12 months of vegetarian life.  But I eat meat far more frequently than I see a play.  My last time to the Theater was 6th grade class trip ~1972.

hahaha Bruce, actually if its a comedy ill watch it, Greater Tuna is hilarious. my sister was in speach and drama so i got used to watching "plays". didnt know you were a vegitarian Bruce, thats one thing i dont think i could do. i have a friend who is more or less a vegitarian. no read meat or birds but he will eat fish. has to do with his tase buds. he just doesnt like the taste of red meat. give me a quality steak cooked by some one who knows how anyday. smoked pheasent is one of the best meats you could have picked. im not much of a bird hunter but i will go out after those lil buggers, makes domestic chicken or turkey seem tastless.

I love stage productions and would give MUCH to see Little SHop of Horrors. You be a lucky man Rattler. Incredible play.

I like going to the plays put on by the summer theatre here too. Same kind of deal, college drama majors and a few others mixed in. I saw "Grease" a couple weeks ago, and "Noises Off" this week. There are two or three more more this summer too. They are taking recommendations for next summer, and I'll be sure to recommend Little Shop of Horrors!

Back