What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water test

I am going to have my water tested later this week and was just wondering if there were other things I should have my water tested for other then TDS to see if it is safe for CP's.

Thanks Craig

chemicals, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates

Metallic Salts: Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium. and Snu.

What's the source and have you been having problems that might be caused by the water?  If not, I wouldn't bother with all those analyses.  But don't worry about Snu - it's very volatile and immediately vaporizes into the atmosphere.  That can be deadly if it's a closed room, but you'd have to stay in there for at least a couple minutes before the effects are irreversible.

Joe, you were supposed to say, "What snu?" And i'm supposed to say, I dunno, what's new with you?" Sorry, I watched too much M*A*S*H.

I use the lab's deionized water, so I don't have any problems with the plants at the lab. At home,I use rainwater and/or streamwater. That isn't nearly as clean, so I wonder.

Back