Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Correct english

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and sarracenia. Culturally spanish means from spain.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]whatever, i'm done.
    guess not.

it's just like saying "iraqi music". that doesn't mean "music in iraqui", it means music from spain. If you say that's a spanish hat, you say a hat from spain (here- http://images.google.com/images?....1&hl=en sure, there's one sombrero in there, but most websites are right. those are spanish hats. a spanish hat is not a sombrero, it's one of those). Not a hat that comes from spanish speaking countries.
    japanese art, art from japan.
    you can also search wikipedia for "spanish music" and it takes you to "music of spain". search for "english music" and it takes you to music from england.
    No, there are no pages about music in spanish or english, but that's to be expected.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know an easy way to end this.
    Hey kyle, what did you mean by spanish music?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it doesn't matter what he meant. I know what he meant. I'm saying that he SAID "do you listen to music from spain", but I know he meant "music in spanish"
    Just like people use ain't, ya'll, "I ain't got nothing". I know what they mean, but they are all wrong. Except things like ain't and others don't mean a totally different thing.
    and Just like people ask me if i'm spanish when they mean if i'm hispanic, it just really annoys me.

and just like you say "would of" and "should of". And you know it's wrong too.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I say I listen to English music, does it mean I like English bands like Fairport Convention and the Sex Pistols? Or are Public Enemy and Pearl Jam included because they sing in English?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it means you like english bands, not bands in english.
    go beatles! lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my...and I though I didn't have a life!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Hortman @ June 30 2005,8:48)]Oh my...and I though I didn't have a life!
    That's funny Hortman! But arguing about grammar is not so bad. Hey, everyone under 18 involved in this, I have an idea. Show this thread to your parents. They'll shower you with countless hugs and kisses, get down on their knees, and promise never to hassle you again. Maybe they'll even print it and show it to their friends! For anyone over 18, I hope our examples are right, or the parentals are coming after us! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good one JBL [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] *Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast