What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is your climate and weather lately

I thought this would be interesting, seeing as we all come from different places.

I'll start

today 96f partly cloudy oppressive humidity(90 something%)

same thing for the past month and most likely the subsequent month.

Summer in Atlanta, good for sarracenias and kudzu, bad for highland nepenthes and most other life forms in general. Just ask my dead D. rotundifolia.

Here in San Francisco, it's mid to upper 60s here during the day, with sunshine broken by occasional fog. 90+% humidity most of the time. Overnight it goes down to the mid 50s and foggy. In other words, good highland nep weather. The vfts and sarrs don't seem to mind either.
smile.gif

Capslock

Currently in Lubbock
93F (Feels like 95F)
Partly Cloudy
Wind: SSE12
Barometer: 29.90

Sunrise: 06:41
Sunset: 21:01
Humidity: 36%
Visibility: 10.0 m

Hi 95 F
Lo 66 F

Not too good for growing cps outside, really.:(

weather here? insane, thats all i can say, insane. i talked to a Nathional Weather Service person up here, he said June is normally NE Montanas wet month but this is getting a bit much. over 6 inches this month. every river in the state is running bank to bank and its the first of July. that is unheard of.

Hot, humid...and NO rain for about the last month. I'm buying water for my cp's. It's getting expensive. I hate this weather.

See above post! Can you say, "Bermuda High"? keep this stuff in FLA!!!!

Drought.

Driest June on record.

Sucks.

I expect fires this 4th of July.

According to the weather service our highs have been 105-110 and lows 75-80. But according to my back yard system, in the shade, we're hitting 115-122 day and 80-85 night time lows. This is with humidity in the 5-25% range. Our monsoon season has not started yet, by adverage it does sometime in the next 2 weeks....
Andrew

Well they were right that the Tsunami messed up the weather. It is flooding at my house. Something like 20 inches of rain since the 24th. I have not seen the sun since I got back home. Amazing. The other day the road behind my community flooded and several buildings, homes and apartments had to be evacuated. Ususally it only rains a couple inches all June. We are about 12 inches ahead of normal and we have not had any hurricanes yet.

Well, so far this year, we've gotten about %150 of last years rainfall which is nice (the lakes around San Jose were looking pitiful, now a bunch of trees are halfway submerged.) The past few days have beeen foggy and cold, but today it's lookin' like it's back to nice and sunny. Nice coastal weather as the ocean regulates the temperatures and makes sure that things are pretty humid- oh and it ensures a night time temp drop: highlander heaven.
smile_n_32.gif

For the past few weeks it's been record breakingly hot in PA, breaking into the 90s and stuff. But it's been mostly in the 80s and REALLY HOT AND HUMID. But the past two days it's been really not humid and really cool. It's weird how the temp shifts like that.

June was the most atypical weather I have ever seen here in Upstate New York: we are in a profound drought and it has pretty much claimed most of my collection. It has been too hot to move up until a week ago when the weather went back to cooler conditions, but still no rain. Also it was the worst pollen season I have ever survived (marginally). I hope the Sarracenia can survive on tap wter since that is all I can provide, and now it seems to be heating up again. Well, at least the mosquitos aren't too bad this year. Yipee.

Soon I will be spending a week in Jekyl Island off the Georgia Coast, smack in the middle of the "bug belt" of the deep south. No CP's but the hammocks(small patches of forest) in the salt marshes are intersting. I can guarantee you it will be hot and very humid.

Okay..... I am absolutely sure I posted in here... what goes on?

Rain, Finally.

Got about an inch and a half today, in about 45 minutes. I was SO fascinated by the fact that it was actually raining...that I neglected to catch any rainwater to use on my CP's. D'oh!

Well the southcoast of UK has been warm "for here" 80.s but now it has been lashing down still humid though.OUtside neps not sure whats going on.
bye for now Julian

Calgary has had some interesting weather the past month, from dry and mild to chilly with torrential down-pours (15cm of rain in the course of a few hours day after day). Flooding everywhere, and for about a week we were on heavy water resrictions ( Use less than 50 litres of water per household per day. Only do laundry/take a shower if you absolutely have to. We are only just now at the stage where we can do everything but wash cars and fill wadding pools, etc) because the water treatment facilities couldn't keep up with the silt and debris being washed into the reservours.

Then about 4 days ago bright sunshine and HOT. Which they are perdicting to last awhile and may put us into a drought... go figure.

*rips hair out* MIDDLE OF SUMMER HERE AND ITS BEEN RAINING YESTERDAY AND DAY BEFORE!!!!! English weather annoys me sooooo much sometimes!!!
mad.gif
I want sun!!! lol
Today its sunny and cloudy but its a bit windy which makes the temperatures quite cool
Well I shoudl look on the bright side: My water butts full to the top, no more water woes!!
biggrin.gif

TG it stopped raining. Finnally. After 2 weeks. Now I jsut have to wait until Cindy's and Dennis's storms get over here. I wonder when they'll make landfall. We might luck out and have no rain from Cindy.

Dino, it rained every day for, like, two months here a couple weeks ago.

My great-aunt Sue in Massachusetts was talking to my grandmother on the phone yesterday and said it was "hot" up there this week. 72 degrees. THAT'S AWESOME HERE!!! Goddang, try 105 heat index!

Back