What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ohio

Ozzy,I can't believe you STILL spell my name wrong!I only sign it after each of my posts!
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

Sorry Nikkie, I'll try harder from now on. Eh.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tink @ July 08 2005,12:22)]Yeah I know Lancaster! About 15-20mins from here. And yes Licking is odd, people think strangly, but ta tell ya the truth I don't even notice it. I'm so used to it now. And why does everyone make fun of Doug? Man, that must have been some wedding.
Have you ever heard of Hillsboro, in Highland County? I tink I asked this one before, but couldn't remember the county name.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ July 08 2005,1:16)]Sorry Nikkie, I'll try harder from now on. Eh.
Ozzy, could be worse... at least you didn't spell out her whole first name.

I'm not sure they say, "eh" in B.C. Wouldn't that be more a Mabudon thing. I wonder if Maehem says 'eh'? Where did the Mackenzie Brothers come from?

Way to go Jim! Now you reminded him of that!Ozzy don't you dare!I mean it!And of course BC people say 'eh',I'm just not one of them
smile_n_32.gif
~NIKI~

That's because you are really a "Hungarian Goulash".
laugh.gif
smile_m_32.gif

LOL! That's me!
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

I lived in Columbus for 3 years... great town!

I lived in Newark, Ohio for a few years...seemed like ten.
Fifteen or twenty bars, two churches and only three pretty girls...one was my sister, one was my mother and the other was the preachers daughter.
'Nuff said.
I moved to Fort Lauderdale.

LOL @ Lauderdale!
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I lived in Newark, Ohio for a few years...seemed like ten.
Fifteen or twenty bars, two churches and only three pretty girls...one was my sister, one was my mother and the other was the preachers daughter.
'Nuff said.
I moved to Fort Lauderdale.

I know what you mean. The only thing thats changed is there are more pretty girls now. The good thing about Ohio is you get thrown out of a bar, you can just walk across the street to another one.
I spent 4 1/2 years there, it was some of the worst and best years of my life.

And what musical references are there to Ohio, aside from the Pretenders (Brass In Pocket) and the Ohio Players (Funky Worm) and CSNY (O.H.I.O.)?

I can think of two others, but I won't ruin the fun for now.

Wow guys. This is so weird. I LIVE in Newark. Haha, can't beilebe people have heard of it! And hey I consider myself pretty.
smile_n_32.gif

You must be Lauderdale's sister.:p

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ July 11 2005,6:38)]You must be Lauderdale's sister.:p
Or his ..... no that can't be! I tink she is the PK. Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket.

Now there's logic for ya!. That's as bad as: Cats have green eyes. My wife has green eyes. Therefore, my wife is a cat. Or... the other absurd alternately drawn conclusion.

Hey, I thought Newark was in Juysey! Here's another weird one: How come there is a town in north central PA called the Jersey Shore? It aint anywhere close to the Jersey Shore!

There also must be some link between Ohio and Georgia, because of the common city names: Albany, Marietta, and others I can't remember.

Ohio ripped off alot of city names from other states and countries. Way to many to list.

I'm from around Cleveland myself. Not sure how to answer your question because this is my first year as well. I'm either going to put my plants in my screen porch outside on a table or in my garage.

No I am not his sister, we are not all ugly.
smile_n_32.gif
I was from Newark High School, wow another NJ copy. *lol*

I tink Allosaurs is also fom Ohio. Hey, do they still have the SOHIO gas stations?

Cassie, how far are you from U.S. 62? and Washington Courthouse?

Back