Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else from Ohio? I was just wondering how you grow your CPs and what you grow. What's good outside? Inside? Dormancy?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read a post that had someone named OhioMike in it. There is also a college student calld Buckeye (Eric). I think that maybe Ozzy has lived in Ohio, but I am not sure. There was a girl called Grab last year, but she hasn't been here in a very long time. I would ask Ozzy, since he is on everyday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Ozzy just moved from Ohio,so you should ask him [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] ~Niki~
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you missed me by about a month. Where do you live, I was in Vermilion. I lived there for almost 5 years.
    I kept Pitcher plants, vfts, D. capillaris, D.intermedia, outside all year. I had them in an inground bog and I covered them with pine straw every winter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah you have quite a few members from Ohio. Tell me where you live and I'll tell you if they are close to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on where you live in Ohio, in south Ohio southeasern U.S. species should be fine. In north Ohio, particularely on lake Eire it would be easier to grow D. rotundifolia and S. purpurea v. purpurea. On lake Eire hibernauculum forming pings may also succeed if kept cool in the summer via shade and live sphagnum. Southeastern species would need a lot of protection in north Ohio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohioans represent... Anyways if you live in midwestern Ohio I reccomend heavy mulching or moving your plants into a garage as we have long extended freezes with dry winds and 0 humidity. I lost a S. Purpurea hybrid and a S. Rubra last year. All northern plant varieties should be ok though like S. purpurea ssp purpurea D. Rotundifolia, D. Filiformis, etc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Slurm @ July 05 2005,7:23)]It depends on where you live in Ohio, in south Ohio southeasern U.S. species should be fine. In north Ohio, particularely on lake Eire it would be easier to grow D. rotundifolia and S. purpurea v. purpurea. On lake Eire hibernauculum forming pings may also succeed if kept cool in the summer via shade and live sphagnum. Southeastern species would need a lot of protection in north Ohio.
    I hate to disagree with you but I lived about 1000ft from the shores of Lake Erie. You just have to make sure that they are extremly protected. I used about 8 to 10 inches of pine straw. The trick is to know when to take off the pine straw. That depends on the weather and what part you live in.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast