What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Men vs women cp growers?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ July 07 2005,5:57)]For the gals who don't fit the stereotypes too well and are naturally gifted in science and have the propensity to be "tomboys",
And FlyTrapGurl appears in

We do have a large number of young males in the forums, but they also seem to have a higher turnover rate than the females, meaning they they are more likiley to quit the hobby (or the forums) for whatever reason, but the females tend to stick around longer, so i think the number of females here reletave to the males on the forum is actually lower than it may seem, but the forum isnt exacty a good medium for determining the ACTUAL male/female ratio from the APPARENT male/female ratio.

I am female, weird, CP-loving, football-loving, Comedy Central-loving, sci-fi-loving and obsessive over topics and proud of it.

I got rats,and I'm a girl(I think I was one of the girls JimScott was talking about)I love my ratties
biggrin.gif
I even have naked rats now,they're so cute
smile_n_32.gif
Here's one.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213....5dn.jpg
Now how can u say no to that face!
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

I know at least 2 expert female growers at CPUK forum

Tee he, I was one of the gals Jim was talking about too.

Niki, I see that little cute rat face as irresistable. I have a traditional hooded rat. Nothing fancy. She's getting on in age though but sweeter than ever. I think rats are every bit as affectionate as a cat or a dog but unlike the cat, they don't turn their affection on and off like a water fawcet. If you tell mine to give Mommie a kiss, she generally sticks her little feet on your face and nibbles on your lip. My niece used to bring her remote controlled pink Barbie corvette over and put "Roxie" in it and the rat was a good sport about it.

Funny thing, I received my first rat as a gift from my nephew. He couldn't afford the kitten he wanted to buy for me. I took it to the vet to get it fixed and the vet was rather surprised I had chosen that type of a pet. He then proceeded to tell me that rats made excellent pets for children as well as adults. I took one look at the tail and realized I had a baby rat not a mouse. Hard to tell the tail is hairless on a white rat. Talk about missing the obvious. I recall commenting to Dr. Walter that if he thought they were so great, he should take mine home for his kids. Ever since then, we've always had a rat. Shame they don't live longer.

Wow! this topic line has sure been interesting!

I'm 56 now but as a child (ages 5 and up), I used to pull a red wagon full of glass jars of insects while other girls my age had their dolls. I didn't care for them at all. I wanted an insect zoo. I guess getting into cps figures for someone who preferred insects over dolls and friends.

Yes this thread has certainly gone off course..but who cares
smile_n_32.gif
I used to have 17 rats at one point.They were all so cute.And just like you Cockatielmother,I was outside in the back alley looking for tadpoles and bugs,while everyone else played with Barbie
confused.gif
I've never liked barbie.I would bring home crabs from the beach,and at one point I was very interested in snails!I had over a hundred of them.It was weird
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ July 11 2005,1:21)]Yes this thread has certainly gone off course..but who cares
smile_n_32.gif
 I used to have 17 rats at one point.They were all so cute.And just like you Cockatielmother,I was outside in the back alley looking for tadpoles and bugs,while everyone else played with Barbie
confused.gif
 I've never liked barbie.I would bring home crabs from the beach,and at one point I was very interested in snails!I had over a hundred of them.It was weird
smile_n_32.gif
 ~Niki~
Oh now youre bringing back memories lol
When I was about 6 or 7 I had an obsession with snails and slugs......I remember picking up slugs with my bare hands, taking them to the flat where I lives with my mum and grandparents then going back for some snails! LOL
I dont like slugs at all now....I HATE them now!!!! One of them made hugs holes in my S.psittacinna and another ne nearly destroyed its crown
mad.gif

Snails arnt as bad but Im not too fond of them now.....for the same reason as above lol

And I LOVE lizards, chameleons, gheckos, frogs, snakes and things like that, as well as rats, I LOVE rats!!!
smile.gif

Ibe always wanted a pet snake but my mum wont let me
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ July 11 2005,1:21)]I was outside in the back alley looking for tadpoles and bugs,while everyone else played with Barbie
confused.gif
 I've never liked barbie.
LOL! Of course not! Less than 1 % of the female population can compete with her and the same could be said for guys and Ken. Virtually none of us could ever look that perfect! Bad role models... yester-year's version of "Clueless" people!

Breaking the trend here again... I played barbie.

My cabbagepatch kid was always dressed in a pretty dress when she went with me to go check the fences, and the only time I ever really played with bugs was to "save" them from the water troughs, except spiders... spiders have always sent me running and screaming to the nearest person who would deal with it, not kill it because that was mean, just move it somewhere where the spider and I would never encounter eachother again.

Yes I was a tomboy, to a point, dresses were great for my dolls but I didn't want to wear them! (how can you properly climb the tree, tea party set in tow, wearing a dress???) My friends were frequently grossed out at the various chores that I had to take a break from playing to go do. My response was always "Oh shut up! Somebody's got to do it and I'm washable!"

So I guess I was never a hardcore tomboy, but definately not your average little girl either.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ July 11 2005,5:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ July 11 2005,1:21)]I was outside in the back alley looking for tadpoles and bugs,while everyone else played with Barbie
confused.gif
I've never liked barbie.
LOL! Of course not! Less than 1 % of the female population can compete with her and the same could be said for guys and Ken. Virtually none of us could ever look that perfect! Bad role models... yester-year's version of "Clueless" people!
ummm... how is Ken perfect? He's always looked kinda goofy to me.. and much too "pretty" to actually be a man.

My Ken doll ended up being a doorstop to keep my brothers out of my room when I stole their C-3PO and GI-Joe action figures to be Barbie's dates.

yeah he's missing a few parts lol

I think Ken is gay.That's all I got to say about that
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

Hmmm.. I don't know about gay... though in the most recent incarantions of the "Barbie World" it is Ken who stays home with the kids while Midge (Ken is no longer Barbie's S.O.) goes to work... Midge comes with two outfits: Maternity and Career, Ken comes with one casual outfit and a snuggly for carrying the baby.

Nothing wrong with that... it just seems that the barbie world has taken on an "Amazonian" tone in recent years...

Okay, I'm a little out of my league with the Barbie scene. I thought Ken was Barbie's perefect counterpart. What's a Midge? (Don't say it's a larvae!) Isn't there supposed to be a Cricket? Or am I confusing that with something else?

Hey, why the dolls for boys called "action figures? And why are handbags..... Never mind! I never got into action figures. I had too much TV to watch and baseball to play.

My oldest two had Cabbage Patch kids - Delta Greta & Gerald Monroe.

LMAO!What's a Midge
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Cricket?? Do people actually name their kids Cricket?? I don't know what you're talkin about there Jimmy
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

Hey, neither do I! Well, somebody must know about these doll name thingys!

Oh.... and another thing... just for argument's sake, how come Trapper and Maehem are allowed to refer to themselves as girlfriends and that would be understood and acceptable? However..... well... you fill in the next train of thought. That's bogus!

Okay, Midge is Barbie's bestfriend (she's the brunette from the classic Barbie collections) and it seems at some point along the way she stole Barbie's boyfriend (what bestfriend has never done that?? :p) and Midge and Ken got married had a few kids while Barbie went off to presue various other path's.

Cricket is Barbie's little sister. Haven't heard about her in years, she seems to have disapeared along with Ken's little brother (who's name escapes me) and if the story were mine to write I would have the two of them living delirioulsy happy in some far away exotic land very thoroughly enjoying themselves having sworn off all contact with their rather flakish siblings.

Jim,you think of the weirdest/funniest questions!LOL.
laugh.gif
And guys CAN refer to themselves as boyfriends,but then you are probably gay.Nothing wrong with that tho!Ok that's the 2nd time I've used the word gay in this thread
confused.gif
Not good. Jim,if you want to refer to one of your friends(lets say Ozzy)as boyfriend,then I won't make fun of you
smile.gif
But I will make fun of Ozzy,but that's just cause I'm mean
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

Back