What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Men vs women cp growers?

Ozzy is just mad now cause I spelled Ozie wrong,and we all know how much he loves that dude!
smile_m_32.gif
I'm very sorry I spelled your idols name wrong Ozzy. ~Niki~
cool.gif

Gee, I step away from the computer for 10 hours and I missed 3 pages of flirtility.

Where was I when I left off? Ah yes, Barbies and boyfriends.

Nike, Um.... I have no intention of referring to Ossie as a boyfriend. What do you call a girl / woman type thing that is your buddy or pal but not a girlfriend. Would that be a friend-girl?

Mayhem, did that really happen with the dolls? It's like one of those soap operas - you know - As The Stomach Turns.

Not touching the Canadian thing. One is actually a faux Canadian. She is actually a Hungarian goulash.

Something wrong with this keyboard.....

I have absolutely no idea, all I know is that in the 15ish years since I last payed attention to Barbie and now (my daughter is a Barbie addict!) alot has changed, and those are some of the changes.

Midge and Ken are an item with offspring, Cricket and What-his-name have vanished and Barbie herself is single and now has more careers than most people knew existed. Not just the "cool" careers like she used to.. everything from Dr. Barbie (delivering Midge's latest bundle of joy), Film producer Barbie, Wedding planner Barbie, to grocery store cashier (I kid you not!) meanwhile Midge heads off to work and Ken takes the rugrats (In a minivan with working CD/MP3 player) to visit their grandparents (Complete with talking house).

Barbie is not completely without a social life though, In recent years she has met "Prince Charming" in her staring roles (yes, real movies, they were in theatres and sill still cost you $25 to buy) in Cinderella and Swan Lake.

I am sure if I actually felt like taking the time I could find out what actually happened... there is a website that escapes me atm (probably linked somewhere off the main barbie website) that has various stories and comic strips as well as mini movies and details about the entire history of Barbie and friends includig family histories and anecdotes from highschool/college/work/dating experiences... In a few of them Ken and barbie are still an item.. the mainstream toys (those for actual children) have Ken and Midge though (you're right.. this is a soap opera! ugh!)

It's frightening what a simple plastic doll created.. what's more frightening is that it's not children who are the main consumers of either the products or the stories. It's adults.. apparantly adults that are willing to shell out sometimes several thousand dollars a year on the latest collectors additions. One holiday edition (not the one availble in stores, the one from the "Exclusive Collector's Catalouge" that my mother-in-law had delivered 4 times a year) was selling for $1700. Average prices were between $150-400... scary!

Flirtility?What's that mean?Does it mean flirting?Who's flirting??Oh Jim you are in trouble now!You spelled Ozzy wrong to!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
He's not talking to me right now cause of that so I guess he'll be ignoring you as well
smile_n_32.gif
Finally,a little peace and quiet.Just kidding Oz! You're right Jim,a friend that happens to be a girl,can be called a girlfriend.I never call them that,I just call them plain friends.I don't want any confussion
smile_m_32.gif
You callin' me a FAKE Canadian??And quit calling me stew!
smile_n_32.gif
No,it's ok,I like it. ~Niki~
laugh.gif

Kirkscoastalcarnivores ,
R u calling my dogwoods and wegelias wussi?!

smile_r_32.gif

smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Kate, both my wife and daughter did the barbie thing when they were 12-ish. My daughter, before becoming infested with fruit flies, also got into this American girl thing and the next thing I knew I was going from store to store to store, hunting down something called a Josphina doll for her. Oy!

Man, I had no idea of all this Barbie stuff. Wasn't there a movie about a Barbie or some equivalent thereof, where the doll becomes live and has trouble fitting in the real world? What was that called?

Niki, I'll have to do a Google on 'flirtility'. It'll probably ask me if I really meant fertility or something and give me a bunch of sponsored sites and references to Phillistines and Canaanites and stuff..

Kate, does this topic remind you of another topic in the Nepenthes forum? Something about humis?
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Man, I had no idea of all this Barbie stuff. Wasn't there a movie about a Barbie or some equivalent thereof, where the doll becomes live and has trouble fitting in the real world? What was that called?
There were two... one was about this girl who played football and hated dolls and ended up getting a new mom when a doll came to life. Naturally that was the one I liked better and naturally it hasn't been on in years.

Kirk, that's basically why I got into CPs too. Lots of things that normally appeal to men appeal to me. Blood and gore, off-color comedy, arm wrestling, football, spinning the loaf of bread and tucking the end of the bag underneath...

Back