Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorist attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROFL thats got to be one of the funniest sequence shots I've seen yet.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's tough when people start discussing things that actually matter, shokuchuu.

If you want bland, innofensive banter about things, I highly recommend Dave's Garden. However, this forum at the outset states that it is for various subjects of discussion.

"Iraq was a threat, at the time no one knew if they had weapons of mass destruction or not, but they were a suspect because there was evidence they did have those weapons. By invading Iraq, a threat was eliminated. Also, Saddam Hussain had ties to terrorist groups such as Al Qaeda."

You know as well as I do that we were lied to to get us into this war. Nice try, though. More than a few people knew for sure that they no longer had wmd. There was no evidence save for manufactured evidence that was manufactured to get the public to support the war. Don't forget, there were weapons inspectors on the ground for MONTHS who said Saddam didn't have any weapons. George W. Bush and **** Cheney both said Saddam had no connection to Al Qaeda or 9/11. You don't believe your heroes? So are you saying they were lying to us? Or were they lying about WMD? What exactly were they lying about again? There have been so many lies, I have lost track.

In fact...and famously...Saddam and Osama could not stand each other. Iraq was absolutely not an Islamist state. It was secular, which is why Osama could not abide Saddam. Stating such is not giving any credit to Saddam. He did what he needed to do, so he could keep an iron grip on the populace. Like any good dictator would!

The reason we're paying record gas prices is the Saudis/the mid-east oil cartel. Our "friends." The reason we're paying record gas prices is that this administration had no plan to win the peace, and the oil pipe-lines in Iraq are being blown up DAILY. The best laid plans of mice and men....Hence...no oil from Iraq. AND, and this is a big AND...our refineries can't keep up, or so they claim..actually, there is more than enough oil in the pipe-line to keep prices reasonable. They just can't process it fast enough, or so they say. There hasn't been a new oil refinery built in the US since the 1970's

Hmmmmm...wonder why?
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (aprilh @ July 14 2005,12:39)]Yeah, it's tough when people start discussing things that actually matter, shokuchuu.

If you want bland, innofensive banter about things, I highly recommend Dave's Garden. However, this forum at the outset states that it is for various subjects of discussion.

"Iraq was a threat, at the time no one knew if they had weapons of mass destruction or not, but they were a suspect because there was evidence they did have those weapons. By invading Iraq, a threat was eliminated. Also, Saddam Hussain had ties to terrorist groups such as Al Qaeda."

You know as well as I do that we were lied to to get us into this war. Nice try, though. More than a few people knew for sure that they no longer had wmd. There was no evidence save for manufactured evidence that was manufactured to get the public to support the war. Don't forget, there were weapons inspectors on the ground for MONTHS who said Saddam didn't have any weapons. George W. Bush and **** Cheney both said Saddam had no connection to Al Qaeda or 9/11. You don't believe your heroes? So are you saying they were lying to us? Or were they lying about WMD? What exactly were they lying about again? There have been so many lies, I have lost track.

In fact...and famously...Saddam and Osama could not stand each other. Iraq was absolutely not an Islamist state. It was secular, which is why Osama could not abide Saddam. Stating such is not giving any credit to Saddam. He did what he needed to do, so he could keep an iron grip on the populace. Like any good dictator would!

The reason we're paying record gas prices is the Saudis/the mid-east oil cartel. Our "friends." The reason we're paying record gas prices is that this administration had no plan to win the peace, and the oil pipe-lines in Iraq are being blown up DAILY. The best laid plans of mice and men....Hence...no oil from Iraq. AND, and this is a big AND...our refineries can't keep up, or so they claim..actually, there is more than enough oil in the pipe-line to keep prices reasonable. They just can't process it fast enough, or so they say. There hasn't been a new oil refinery built in the US since the 1970's

Hmmmmm...wonder why?
    Well no one will have to worry about Iraq ever again now, and if the USA had a reasont o invade it must have been a threat.
    And so what if WMD destruction wernt found? No one will have ot worry about Iraq again now
    And youre calling Saddam Hussain a good ruler for ruling with fear? What is wrong with you? Maybe youd like to live in a country where the leaders rule with an iron fist and absolute fear and monarchy?

And what about all the people that suffered in Iraq? They lived in conditions that wernt suitable for dogs, never mind humans. No one cares about them do they? NO ONE CARES that over 5 million people lived in terrible conditions. Its all WMD WMD WMD, no one cares about the human rights side of it

Oh yeah, and hwo do you think these terrorists who cut peoples heads of on TV and send suicide bombers to murder other Iraqis are connected to?Yup, its Saddam Hussain
    Thats the exact reason the UK and US are still in Iraq, to prevent these Saddam Hussain terrorists taking over Iraq
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps we should focus on the positive-

* 47 countries re-established their embassies in Iraq.
    * Iraqi current government employs 1.2 million Iraqi people.
    * 3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation, 263 schools are now under construction and 38 new schools have been built in Iraq.
    * Iraq's higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers, all currently operating.
    * 25 Iraq students departed for the United States in January 2005 for the re-established Fulbright program?
    * The Iraqi Navy is operational. They have five 100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a navel infantry regiment.
    * Iraq's Air Force consists of three operational squadrons, which includes 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft (under Iraqi operational control) which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 bell jet rangers.
    * Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion.
    * Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers.
    * There are 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers each 8 weeks.
    * There are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq. They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.
    * 96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5 have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations.
    * 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October of last year.
    * There are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%.
    * Iraq has an independent media that consists of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations.
    * The Baghdad Stock Exchange opened last summer.
    * 2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a televised debate recently.

Now back to babble mode-

Anyone remember the gas prices back in 1981? Anyone remember only being able to purchase gas on alternate days based on what letter/number one's license plate started with? We are not as high as what we were paying back then which would have been about $3.15 a gallon if one adjusts for inflation. Let's try to focus on the positive, there's no embargo.

Hey April, for you because you like red-

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You all can discuss this topic as much as you want but I want to remind you that no one should be calling anybody anything. You don't have to agree with everybody but leave personal attacks and slurs out of it. Nobody here is a terrorist, an idiot or anything else for having differing viewpoints.

If you can't keep this discussion to opinions without getting personal and condescending, this will be closed.

Being ugly to somebody only lessens the strength of your argument. There is an art to debate and name-calling is not part of it!

If I had a nickel for every time I've said this, I'd be rich! I do not understand WHY some of you can't understand this very simple concept. There is no reason to come out with your fists up and swinging. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] GEEZ! Its "point" and "counterpoint" and that's it!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on a happier note, Laura, what hybrid is that? it's fantastic!

i'll trade you an arm for it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    April beat you to a division of that JLAP. That's S. courtii. I also have a "Brunswick Beauty" that displays similar awesome color.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast