Likes Likes:  0
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorist attack

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Jason. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] Carry on!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wolf, thank you for your service to this country, and I sincerely mean that.

My problem is NOT with those who are serving/have served this country. My problem is with those who are running this country (into the ground.)

Jason, I BET you supported President Clinton! In that case...I've got a bridge for sale, cheap! I don't have to support your president, so I don't. And I never will. It's still a free country..patriot act notwithstanding. My goal for W and his administration is impeachment and imprisonment for high crimes and misdemeanors. And I will work tirelessly for it. He sent our troops into harm's way on a wish for revenge, for some quick oil, and a bunch of LIES. Now a bunch of really excellent Americans are dead. THIS is impeachment material.

There was no planning for the aftermath of our "victory", and it shows itself in every suicide bombing that kills innocent Iraqis and our troops, who are honestly trying to help the people of Iraq.

Your side has been proved wrong by the facts time after time after time.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually April, considering I was active duty military during 3/4 of Clinton's presidency and he was my Commander In Chief I would say I supported him 10X more than you did especially considering he ordered me to deploy to Mogadishu, Somalia in 1993. So let's see I was willing to lay down my life for this country and of course my Commander in Chief......and you supported Clinton how? Oh and speaking of sending troops into harm's way. The rebels in Somalia were a real threat to this country weren't they.

JJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being "loyal to your country" does not mean you have to kiss the presidents @$$ on every military decision. He is the president, I support him because I am a loyal citizen. Yeah right! ()*()
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who said anything about kissing anybody's anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one but me.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of being an American is dissenting when you don't agree with the politicians. Countries that require total allegience to a leader are not like America. Many of us feel that in order to be loyal to America, we have to get Bush impeached, or at least make sure the PNAC neo-con group is ousted from power in the next election cycle..

I, too, would support whatever my military commanders would tell me to do; that's part of being in the military. Including going and doing my job in Iraq, despite my feeling that it's an illegal and amazingly stupid war based on lies. When you sign up, you promise to do your job, not follow your own whims. I admire everyone who's done this no matter where they served or in what era.

Service to your country comes in many forms, however, and one of them is housecleaning, which we need badly right now, in my opinion.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My feelings exactly Caps, well said. A thing can be wrong for the right reasons, and right for the wrong reasons. When the draft starts up again (you think it won't?) I'll be on the streets again, just as I was for Vietnam, and it isn't because I am un-American but because I aim to use the freedom my Father fought for in WWII to speak FREELY from my conscience. That's something that is right for the right reason every time.
    "Grow More, Share More"