Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorist attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then lock it if you wish, NG. It has gone way off topic.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some people here who would never have survived on a debate team. Speaking with passion is good but passion is NOT sarcasm, condescension and attitude.

Telling someone they are "wrong" isn't made any nicer by sticking "IMO" after it. Its still telling someone they are wrong simply because they have a different viewpoint.

It IS possible to state an opinion or viewpoint without being inflammatory.

I've seen Capslocks participate in hundreds of touchy topics and not once have I ever seen him come across as belligerent, condescending or criticising. He simply states his views (whether in agreement or disagreement) without rancor or personal jabs. He is eloquent and to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I really resent the idea of a mod locking a thread because he/she has a problem with political parties. You guys are supposed to be above all that, IMO.
    If this thread gets locked, it will NOT be from "party politics". It will be because some people can't discuss political topics without getting inflammatory and accusatory.

If you drop the attitudes, the accusations, the hostility and all the negative stuff and just discuss this with some civility, you can discuss it until you wear the subject out.

Its up to you all if this stays open or not.

If everyone could state their opinions in the manner of Capslock, we'd have no need for any warnings at all.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am actually finding this thread to be quite enlightening to one degree or another however I'd still be most curious to know what this meant-
    Quote[/b] ]D. S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ill back yah up PAK on Capslock. he and i had a discussion in a thread i started last week i think. it was kept quite civil by both sides without any effort on our part. it was an interesting debate and we had no problem skirting name calling and any of that. as far as this topic, i quit activly following it long ago.

i think ppl here are taking things way to personally. i dont care for either party(though Bruce occationally accuses me of other wise [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] ) both parties are about worthless, both are interested in power. there are a few individuals in both parties that honestly believe that a political appointment by the ppl is an honor and they should do their best to do the will of the ppl. unfortunatly these ppl are getting extreamly rare. the government in this country is starting to come crashing down. big brother is getting to big and its been really worrying some citezins and a few more are starting to open their eyes. the Patriot Act, the recent emminant domain ruling, the governor of Kalifornia banning a rifle cartidge that has NEVER been used in a violent crime in the USA. all this idiocity is making ppl open their eyes. unfortunatly it may be to lil to late.......................
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A civil discussion ? What a novel idea! Passion is good up to a point, although sometimes very entertaining. Freedom is the ability to express your ideas without fear of getting shot for being disgruntled. We seem to elect people to be idiots for us, that way we can all keep our hands clean and complain about the other guy. Good grief..... In this day and age you can't afford to take a political side because too many people have crazy sterotypes already in their head...
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]No more democrat or republican B.S. back and forth please, or I will lock the thread. Neither party is worth a crap, so be done with it. Talk only your opinion, not what some stupid party thinks. The best talk comes from individuals, not parties.
    I totaly agree bugweed. i dont follow things like i used to because i just found it was useless. Party power, like ratteler said.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think "sarcasm, condescension and attitude" are natural when people disagree about something they care deeply about.

This isn't some sterile high school debate between wannabes being watched by their parents and English teacher. There's no harm in someone writing something condescending about my point of view and me being sarcastic right back at him/her. As long as we're mature, go easy on the criticism and don't let it spiral into a flamefest. Let the opinionated ones have at it and everyone else who cares to look can either be bored or entertained.

If this should be locked because it consumes too much TF space, so be it. But, if it stays civil, I don't think the occasional mention of Democrat or Republican is a reaon for closing it.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not like it when a parties name, whether I like them or not, is thrown into someone's face like a slap or an insult. THAT is disrespectful, and I will not stand for it from me, or anyone else. Now have at it, and be nice, and respectful, and I will just read it as it unfolds. Otherwise, you know what I will do. It shouldn't be necessary, so please don't make it that way. Thank you.

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC