What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrorist attack

(french and proud)
smile.gif

Finch the insomniac-

On the same token, i must add that i am quite surprised on how many people support the juvinile death penalty, especcialy in the great plains. I say wait untill their 18... a few years isnt a big deal...

The problem is, i cant see the problem of muslums hating america dieing down anytime soon. Many terrorists are very young and many young people are aspiering to become one, but have not yet reached age. With so many children being brought up these days in this brew of anti-american ism in the middle east  i dont see why those feelings would fade as they reach adulthood. predujuces are often learned young. Ind i have little doubt that they would teach their childern as well. I think we should also be looking at the long term solution and to finding a way to diffuse this animosity long-term. What were doing now isnt helping them hate us any less - us going into mosques and things (even if theres wepon catches inside) violates their religon, and that is seen as a grave insult.

I beleive that the only thing that will solve muslum animosty twards america is time- and lots of it, without doing things that would bring up memories of the past. As i seem to recall, even now many chinese dislike japan for and because of what they did in ww2

Wounds like these need lots of time to heal- i beleive that vetrens would keep those events and retell and relive them (war stories fighting the americans, anyone?) untill that generation leaves this earth- no one will ever forget, but the wounds will heal. It might take a few generations, but someday, this wont be a problem.

I neither like or dislike such a broad term as "the french". Not even if that means just the french government (instead of the whole people). And I disagree on looking at the civil war, as times have changed and the people who helped or did anything are long dead.
And I don't get why a lot of the US hates "the french" so much.
one of the stupidest things I have ever heard of: freedom fries
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]us going into mosques and things (even if theres wepon catches inside) violates their religon, and that is seen as a grave insult
I saw/read/heard that one big reason why osama and other RADICAL muslims started hating the US was because the troops celebrated christmas in/near a holy muslim ground.

We will never get rid of religious extremeists, IMO. Unless we kill every last one of them, and their children, too. This is not an appealing solution.

In the case of Islam...moderate clerics should be issuing Fatwah's against violence...muslim clerics in America and GB have...but the silence from mid-east clerics is deafening. And deeply disturbing. We have an implacable foe in some of these folks. And we can't kill all of them.

This whole situation is hearbreaking for everyone involved, and if there is a god, I truly believe he is not happy about any of it. And I wish he'd do something about it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]one of the stupidest things I have ever heard of: freedom fries

Oh, there's more than you know, my friend.. Look at World War I: "liberty cabbage" for saurkraut. Wow, that's just... On a slightly less outrageous note, "hamburger" became "liberty sandwich" and the German measles became "liberty measles." Anybody up for some liberating measles?? I find the one about the hamburger cute because I'm a Hamburger myself ( born in Hamburg, Germany :p )

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We will never get rid of religious extremeists, IMO. Unless we kill every last one of them, and their children, too. This is not an appealing solution.
Yup, it's quite a pickle, because then even if you kill all of them (and I'm not saying it is a good idea to begin with) then how many more do you recruit to extremism in the process? No, we just need to learn of another way out. Somehow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This whole situation is hearbreaking for everyone involved, and if there is a god, I truly believe he is not happy about any of it. And I wish he'd do something about it.
Amen to that!

yeah, I had heard of those too, but at least the US was in a war with the germans (at least for the hamburgers and measles). The US isn't at war with the french or anything. Just because they don't want to fight.
there was also liberty gardens... supposedly you grew your own food so there was enough for the troops. lol
and now there's the freedom tower.
anybody else getting kind of sick with liberty and freedom stuff? very creative names eh?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]anybody else getting kind of sick with liberty and freedom stuff? very creative names eh?

I'd take an Opression Patty over an "Libery Sandwich" any day.
smile_n_32.gif

Back