Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorist attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Very simple. You can take one of 3 positions when it comes to radical Islamists"

Don't tell me what position I have to take. You aren't my boss or my mother.

I take the same position when it comes to radicals of any religion, myself. The ones located and adored in this country, especially. Potential Wahabists. The American Taliban, I call them.

Wow... You have made it all so simple...the caul has fallen from my eyes. Dang, Jason...you should send your screed to all the world leaders and let them decide..#1, #2, or #3, so we'll all know if they're "for us or against us." The word you're searching for is "eradicate", BTW.

So, I guess you're okay with us killing innocent Iraqi and Afghani men, women and children, Jason. Super! Good on you!

If our leaders had truly wanted to take the fight to Al Qaeda...then the places to do it are Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia. We went to Afghanistan, and we should have, and I'm glad we did. We should have gone there eons before 9/11, purely for human rights issues, but I digress. Jason, I'll bet you didn't give one flying dang about the rights of women in Afghanistan before Bush told you we should. We kicked the Taliban's behinds right out of there, and I was glad. Then we diverted troops to Iraq..and now the Taliban is making a come-back in Afghanistan.

We should be blowing Saudi Arabia to kingdom come right about now. How come we aren't? Is it because the Bush family are real good friends with the Saudi Royal Family? The Bush family have close ties to the Sauds going back decades. In Saudi Arabia, who are allegedly our allies, a woman is not allowed to vote or drive or leave the house without being accompanied by a male relative. At least they're allowed to work, but they must wear a chador if they're going out in public. In Saudi Arabia, they have state sponsored Islamist schools called madrassas(sp), where hatred of the good ol' US of A is part of the curriculum. Do you feel proud to call them our friends?

15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were Saudis, after all. No Iraqis hijacked those planes, Iraq wasn't involved in the planning of 9/11(so sayeth your heroes, Cheney and Bush, Jason), no Iraqis were involved in the first WTC bombing, no Iraqis were involved in the bombing of the USS Cole, no Iraqis were involved in the bombings of the African Embassies, either...sorry! The instigators were mostly from our good friends Saudi Arabia and Syria.

So what did we do?..why logically...we invaded Iraq! A country that didn't export terrorism, a country that posed absolutely no threat to us. A country that, co-incidentally...sits on top of lots of oil. A country that could make a lot of heavily connected(via the VP) American corporations even more wealthy....Hmmmmmm.

A country that didn't have the WMD that Bush claimed they did!

You want to stop terrorism in it's tracks? We need to get our military bases off the Saudi Peninsula(and that's their main beef, from what I understand), stop propping up the house of Saud, and stop blindly supporting Israel in everything it does. Why, we might even have to require that an SUV or minivan get 30 MPG to accomplish this, so we can be less dependant on foreign oil. Heaven Forfend! Then we wouldn't have to kiss Saudi behinds! We can't NOT be kissing Saudi behind, can we? We can't be asking GM or Ford to be making these "huge" sacrifices, can we? I'd be willing to bet that the US auto industry is real cozy with the oil cartels. I also bet if we did these few things...terrorism would be a thing of the past.

And Alpha is dang right to be rolling his eyes.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say what????
    "I think we can all agree with those three statements. The next thing I said just gave an example what I don't think the US should have done and why there is more hate towards the US because of it. I think we can all agree that there is more hate because of it." Goodness gracious, please don't assume.

Oh look at this pretty plant-
    Old growth, new growth, and a little spider! A little something for everyone-

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (aprilh @ July 09 2005,2:14)]So what did we do?..why logically...we invaded Iraq! A country that didn't export terrorism, a country that posed absolutely no threat to us. A country that, co-incidentally...sits on top of lots of oil. A country that could make a lot of heavily connected(via the VP) American corporations even more wealthy....Hmmmmmm.

A country that didn't have the WMD that Bush claimed they did!
    Iraq was a threat, at the time no one knew f they had weapons of mass destruction or not, but they were a suspect because there was evidence they did have those weapons.
    By invading Iraq, a threat was eliminated.
    Also, Saddam Hussain had ties to terrorist groups such as Al Qaeda.

And funny that you speak of human rights........people in Iraq had no human rights before the invasion.
    Saddam Hussain enslaved his people and many lived in poverty, if they spoke out against him they would be murdered by his secret police.

And thats why I support the Iraq invasion. The people there are no free, they dont have ot live in poverty and in terror of Saddam Hussain.

However, the true motive of the American invasion of Iraq is for the oil.......Britain oinvaded to get rid of the threat and to liberate the people, the US invaded to get oil and riches.
    How do I know? The first thing Bush did when Iraq was taken was to seize all the oil refineries in Iraq.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starman please do not assume!

Britian went to war with Iraq to get rid of a Dictator, but the US did it just for the oil? Please

Britian invaded Iraq because the U.S. called and asked for help.

The U.S. seized all oil refineres and fields once safe to make sure that they were not blown up by the Iraqs. I was one of the men guarding them.

If we wanted the oil we would have it, and wouldnt be paying record prices.
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh pretty plant.............................dang it Laura quit with the distractions [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad I don't visit this site as much anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ July 13 2005,1:22)]Say what?[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    "I think we can all agree with those three statements. The next thing I said just gave an example what I don't think the US should have done and why there is more hate towards the US because of it. I think we can all agree that there is more hate because of it." Goodness gracious, please don't assume.

Oh look at this pretty plant-
    Old growth, new growth, and a little spider! A little something for everyone-
    <Babble mode on>
    Not a spider Laura...only one body segment. That would be a "daddy long leg", harvestmen, or opilionid. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

A pretty plant...thats for sure!
    </Babble mode off>

And now back to the scheduled program? LOL
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula &#39;Red Dragon&#39;(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame on you nyflytrap... did you have to go and blow the whistle on me! Here I thought I was so clever slipping the word spider in there for my buddy April.

They fall under the classification of Arachnida but they are of the Order Opiliones.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast