What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrorist attack

If you're going to put something in quotes and then proceed to make some snide a$$ed remark to me about it, at least have the common courtesy to quote something I actually typed.  

It's funny how people  get all bent out of shape when someone questions their loyality to this country, and then in the next post proceed to say "Your president wanted......."  You make your loyalities quite clear.  You're loyal to your political party first and to this nation second.  The difference between my loyality and yours is that regardless of which political party holds the presidency, he (or she) is my president.  If I don't like what is going on, then I vote them out of office.  I'm an American first and nothing else is even a close second.  It's obvious by your statement, you're a Democrat first and an American second.

JJ

that seems like an oxymoron

Careful folks...remember this isn't about trying to get anybody to change their opinion.  Its just you expressing yours.  I see some sarcasm and barbs creeping in.  
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]people like you

I appologise plantakiss.  I edited my post to make it more user friendly.

Thank you Jason.
smile.gif
Carry on!

Wolf, thank you for your service to this country, and I sincerely mean that.

My problem is NOT with those who are serving/have served this country. My problem is with those who are running this country (into the ground.)

Jason, I BET you supported President Clinton! In that case...I've got a bridge for sale, cheap! I don't have to support your president, so I don't. And I never will. It's still a free country..patriot act notwithstanding. My goal for W and his administration is impeachment and imprisonment for high crimes and misdemeanors. And I will work tirelessly for it. He sent our troops into harm's way on a wish for revenge, for some quick oil, and a bunch of LIES. Now a bunch of really excellent Americans are dead. THIS is impeachment material.

There was no planning for the aftermath of our "victory", and it shows itself in every suicide bombing that kills innocent Iraqis and our troops, who are honestly trying to help the people of Iraq.

Your side has been proved wrong by the facts time after time after time.

Actually April, considering I was active duty military during 3/4 of Clinton's presidency and he was my Commander In Chief I would say I supported him 10X more than you did especially considering he ordered me to deploy to Mogadishu, Somalia in 1993. So let's see I was willing to lay down my life for this country and of course my Commander in Chief......and you supported Clinton how? Oh and speaking of sending troops into harm's way. The rebels in Somalia were a real threat to this country weren't they.

JJ

Being "loyal to your country" does not mean you have to kiss the presidents *** on every military decision. He is the president, I support him because I am a loyal citizen. Yeah right! ()*()

Who said anything about kissing anybody's anything?

Part of being an American is dissenting when you don't agree with the politicians. Countries that require total allegience to a leader are not like America. Many of us feel that in order to be loyal to America, we have to get Bush impeached, or at least make sure the PNAC neo-con group is ousted from power in the next election cycle..

I, too, would support whatever my military commanders would tell me to do; that's part of being in the military. Including going and doing my job in Iraq, despite my feeling that it's an illegal and amazingly stupid war based on lies. When you sign up, you promise to do your job, not follow your own whims. I admire everyone who's done this no matter where they served or in what era.

Service to your country comes in many forms, however, and one of them is housecleaning, which we need badly right now, in my opinion.

Capslock

My feelings exactly Caps, well said. A thing can be wrong for the right reasons, and right for the wrong reasons. When the draft starts up again (you think it won't?) I'll be on the streets again, just as I was for Vietnam, and it isn't because I am un-American but because I aim to use the freedom my Father fought for in WWII to speak FREELY from my conscience. That's something that is right for the right reason every time.

I get the concept of supporting our troops and not supporting the war, but I'm confused. How can you "support" someone if you don't agree with what they're telling you? I mean, you can obay them, but isn't supporting someone...well... supporting what they're doing? lol.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I, too, would support whatever my military commanders would tell me to do; that's part of being in the military. Including going and doing my job in Iraq, despite my feeling that it's an illegal and amazingly stupid war based on lies.
I get the concept of supporting our troops and not supporting the war, but

Oh, good point. LOL! I meant would DO whatever my commanders would tell me to do. I wouldn't "support" it. Thanks for pointing out that I didn't make sense.
smile_n_32.gif

Capslock

After WWII, plenty of German war criminals said they were just following orders. It's no defense.

Yeah, I was thinking of adding that caveat. I would do whatever my cmmanders told me to do unless it was on the level of genocide or something obviously illegal.

Capslock

The only thing i want to say is that my current state senetor ran his election basicly on the phrase "we must stand with the presedent during the time of war" and anyone who disagrees is well... Un american. That also happens to include every policy he touts.

So i say, forget about the presedent, Whats with the voters to buy into such a statement? HOW DID HE WIN? IF your with bush or against bush it doent matter, how can you vote for a guy who was basicly shooting down every dissenting opinion from the presedent as um american -"we must stand togeathr at at atime of war"- Forget about the presedent. Whats with my states voters? I mean i dont care a conservative was elected, i mean, big surprise, but carried to office with statemnts like that? Is it just me who sees a problem with that? I feel we should each have our own opinion on matters.

In several State voting booths, there was a group that hung around it and if they tought u voted against this guy they wrote down your licenceplate number as a intimidation tactic. I dont recall the police seeuing fit to intervine in that either. Whats wrong with people these days?

"The rebels in Somalia were a real threat to this country weren't they."

About as much as Iraq was. Sorry you and your compatriots got stuck dealing with it. There were many things I didn't like about Clinton, either, fyi. I was pretty convinced by polls taken in the military at that time that they hated him..did what he said, commander in chief, etc...but hated him.  I thought his policies were good for THIS country. The rest of the world? eh.  Please note he ignored the genocide in Rwanda, too, as did most everyone else.  Why, I believed he stopped there once for 8 hours to apologise for ignoring the genocide. Doesn't put him high on my list of nice guys.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ July 20 2005,6:38)]In several State voting booths, there was a group that hung around it and if they tought u voted against this guy they wrote down your licenceplate number as a intimidation tactic. I dont recall the police seeuing fit to intervine in that either. Whats wrong with people these days?
thats an urban legend,
never happened.
its just another lie invented by liberals to make conservatives appear evil.

and how would they know who you voted for anyway?
"that guy looks like a hippy..get his license plate number!"
"that guy has a briefcase, he's ok"

you could just as easily say that liberals were writing down the license plates of people who look like they voted for G.W.
it would work either way..
and be a myth either way.

please...get a grip.
yet another example of liberals instantly believing anything they are told, and passing it along as fact, no matter how ridiculous, as long as it makes the president or republicans look bad.

like I said..lies and fear.
its the only tactic Democrats have left to attempt to retain their power..
this is a perfect example of that.
Scot

im sorry but i was there when it happened in my town. Are you suggesting i am lieing? It happened right at the town voting booth everyone saw. And despite early inaction by police both were talked to. They were a group guys just out of highschool, mostly from out of town and have been toublemakers around here for awhile now, with hazing and vandalizm. many were the same people. im not saying its a conservative anything, ive seen of liverals doing the same thing elsewhere.

What i do NOT appreciate is being called a liar for expressing how upset i was with the practace. Houwbout you get a clue and come down and take a look for yourself?  It was on the local news as well, and because several instances happened around the state. I dunno about other parts of the country, but everyone agrees thats what happened here . if you care to dsipute that go see the police records.

Take a hint: calling someone a liar and accusing them of trying to make someone else look bad without knowing the facts of the case being cited makes you look bad yourself. I cant say how dissapointed i am of being ccalled things by someone who wasnt even there a nd just assumes someone is lieing because theyve heard of something similar before. Im not saying that in some cases it was a lie, but, please, leave theinsults and partisan comments out of it? I dont even consider myself a liveral really anymore and am dissataisfied with both parities (discusted really). I want playing partisan games but stating something that happened HERE in my small town and others trought the state that worried me. How do i know its not a like? cause I WAS THERE. Not voting but accompaning a frind who just turned 18 and was eligable to vote.

I have no agendas to push for party gains. the only agenda i persue is my own

Back