Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good news or bad news

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The higher paying job is with the commecial job and better insurance.. Which I would enjoy doing more than the residential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy,this is a toughy.Well first of all, congrats on getting a job offer doing something that you love.That's great! But...now I don't know what to say,lol.Um...money isn't everything.It seems like your heart is set more on the CP's.That's just what I got from your post,and also just from talking to you and reading all your other posts.And if you enjoy the company that you're with now,and the people that you work with,then I would stay put.And hey!You never know,there might be another job offer just like this one,but not in the Green Swamp.Wouldn't that be perfect! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] Good luck Ozzy,I will support whichever way you go. ~Niki~ [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]But it'll also take one day a week away from my work with cp's.
    oh. Well that changes everything.
    I say do what's best for CPs. Unless one full day a week away from your work with CPs isn't bad in the long run, I would not accept.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy:

I heard someone say once, always go with your heart! Money can never replace loving what you do.

I KNOW of what I speak. I was qualified to be a "human resource manager" by education. I wound up working for minimum wage in a floral section of a big box store until the Doctors said, no more.

I live on worker's comp/retirement now at a level the government considers low income. I have all the TIME in the world to research plants, etc. Just can't DRIVE anymore to go visiting them. Still, I am mostly content because I can write about conservation issues at my website and maybe have more impact than I would have in some high powered job.

I spend about 3 hours a day reading through all the old CP posts for example.

DO YOU WANT TO SPEND FRIDAY'S MAPPING CPS OR WIRING BUILDINGS?
    Diana Pederson
    Michigan
    obsessivegardening.com
    christianreviewer.com
    livingwithcockatiels.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have turned it down as well. It seems like you would have kind of a guilty feeling that you were taking part in destroying the swamp. I always try and go with my gut feelings. It's a big deal liking who you work with. They can make crappy jobs turn into fun jobs. And a 3 day weekend every weekend would be great.

So........which one did you choose?
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well in that case i don't see anything wrong with working there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd take the new job. Not only will it help your finances, but it's doing something you love. Yes, you lose one day of cp work, but there are seven days in a week. This new job makes four of them better, and one of them worse. And you like the work better. And it pays better. Take the new job, and thank the old guys profusely, you might be going back to them eventually. (I can't tell you how many times in my carreer that not burning bridges and staying friendly with former employers and people has come back to help me!)

EDIT: I had another thought: it would be good to have a cp advocate among the crews working in the area! Like you say, the work is going on regardless, and would really benefit the cps and the community to have someone with knowlege to help with rescues and alternatives among the crews working there.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you rescue any cp's you come across on your day off? or the day off before construction?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast