Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got jipped!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Ok,i got this dog walking job right.But I also do grooming,which includes:Brushing out the dog first,then bathing,then cleaning the ears and teeth,and clipping the nails,then drying(sometimes fluff drying which is not easy and takes a LONG time)and then brushing out the dog again.I also walk dogs and clean up after then and clean the entire premises.Ok now,my problem is that I only get minimum wage,which here in Canada is $8.00.Ok,now I got my friend a job at this place that I work at,and all she has to do is walk dogs for 4 hours.Guess how much she gets!$9.50!!!What the hell!?!?! I am really hurt/frustrated/angry and so on!I don't see how one earth my friend can earn so much more than me when I do a heck of a lot more than her.Of course I am not mad at her,infact good for her,but I am hurt by my boss.I told one of my co-workers today this and she said that if she was me,she would be calling our boss right now and asking what is going on.I work my butt off for that place.I don't know how much everybody else makes,but I would really like to know.Is there a nice way of asking someone that you work with,how much they earn?The problem is,that I'm on disability.So i get a check from the government each month.Now the government said that I can earn up to another $400 before they start deducting from the check they pay me each month.So I don't want to ask for a raise(well I do,but I can't)cause I am already over the $400 limit,but my boss doesn't know this,so it's not like she knew and didn't want to pay me more cause she knew I would go over.So anyways,do I have the right to be upset here?Am I being too sensative?I'm really hurt,and I've talked to some other people and they've all said that that would peeve them off too,but I just wanted your guys' oppinion.Thanks [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] ~Niki~
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah that's totally wrong. i'd demand equal pay (even though you deserve more because you do more)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Jipped" means you got ripped off. I hope everything works out.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exactly why employees are told that wages and salaries are confidential information. Tread carefully, Niki.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you get evaluations?
    Make a list of all the assets you have for your boss, and try to sell your points as being a more qualified person and deserving more money.
    I have done this during my evaluations and manage to get a little more then they were originally planning.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see your frustrations, but you have to remember one thing, When you were hired you made an agreement with your boss on how much they would pay you. Most employers don't pay you what you're worth to them, they pay you by how much you agreed to work for. It's a negotionation, just like buying a car. At least it is in my line of work.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is usually more negotiating done with salary than there is with wage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's to harm by asking for what she's getting? I've asked for raises many times, starting in a restaurant where something happened exactly like this. Instead of getting angry, I calmly asked that I be paid like the person they just hired. I mentioned that it was pretty important to me. And they gave it to me. I was so nervous going in, but once I did it, I felt great!

Just ask. Don't be bitter, or angry. Just ask.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast