What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drawing anyone?

• Thread starter Nflytrap
  • Start date
i draw and paint..but i dont think there near that good and i have no scanner to put them online..unless my art teacher put them on her website. i wil look

thanks

BRad

I draw stick men and women.
cool.gif
My talent is not with art...

Wow amazing artwork everyone! In particular Jeremiah's Nep, Pk's bird, and Endparenthesis's "rabbit"(that must have taken a while!).

At Bobby's request I managed to find some fish drawings I had laying around.

DSCN1249.jpg

"Nuts and bolts" Elassoma evergladei. Unless I can correct the males eye without it smudging this one is done.

DSCN1250.jpg

Leptolucania ommata(Pygmy killifish) probably 3 years old. Don't know why this particular one survived.

N. kafuensis that I drew around a year ago(before ever seing the fish in life).
Nanmamb.jpg

And a "nuts and bolts" one from a couple days ago. It makes a big difference to have the subject moving around and being able to observe its behavior etc. Sure wish I new how to paint.
DSCN1263.jpg

I usually make a few quick sketches when I'm bored, espeacially at chinese class where I usually fall asleep or at least into some deep trance where you stare into space. Some of you guys draw awsome pictures!

I never really tried in drawing something, it's just basicly designs for future prodjects, like this one:

Cuddles.jpg

3-legged T-rex
biggrin.gif

Zongyi

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nflytrap @ July 13 2005,2:24)]Endparenthesis's "rabbit"(that must have taken a while!).
It took about 15 minutes I think. It was a small part of a still life I was doing. I finished early, and looked at the bunny (which looked like it came out of a dumpster by the way) and decided to see what would happen if I drew it as fast as I could. It came out better than the still life. When you're spontaneous and you just don't care... that's when the best stuff happens. It can be pretty aggrevating.

Thought I'd share some recent stuff too... I have fun with cartoons, illustration, auto design, and comics stuff. Lots of talented folks here coming out of the woodwork... and we feed bugs to plants... cool!

ring3.jpg

evening.jpg

pedro.jpg

spidey.jpg

Wow... awesome stuff. The Pedro one is flawless. Back when the movie was out you probably could have gotten that in a magazine or something. Is it vector or raster?

If digital work is allowed here I have a lot more to contribute.

Hey thanks! It's actually all pencil drawing but I just enhanced the linework and use Photoshop for quick color. I like the blend of the 2 but I'm trying to get back to traditional techniques.

Wow! It's great to see the diversity of artists here! Zongyi I can relate! I used to spend my days in school filling notebooks with creatures and band mascots, eventually I started getting a $1 to draw someones favorite comic charachter or whaveter on their paper book covers during class!

After doing magazine publishing and figure sculpting I hadn't drawn anything in years but a few months ago I got the itch and put out these two decal designs:
orcsticker.jpg

hellbatsticker.jpg

I started alot of others but only inked these two. I dig the old punk/lowbrow artists like Pushead, Coop, Pizz, Big Daddy Roth, etc. So all my drawings have that flavor.

Jeremiah, that's a wonderful Nepenthes painting! I just picked up "Paintng the Secret World of Nature" by museum mural painter/ naturalist John Agnew. It's a habitat detail painting technique book that I think would make your paintings even more amazing and photo-realistic. I hadn't thought about painting in years but this book just inspires with every page. I had to buy it and a canvas! Check it out from Amazon for way less than I paid!

This is too cool. More awsome artwork! Nflytrap...great fish! Zongyi...that's cool...nicely done. Scupbucket...those are excellent. My father always wanted to be a cartoonist...he was really good too. Swords...what can you say...more great artwork.

Keep posting folks...its great to see talents other than growing CPs.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Zongyi_Yang @ July 13 2005,4:57)]I usually make a few quick sketches when I'm bored, espeacially at chinese class where I usually fall asleep or at least into some deep trance where you stare into space. Some of you guys draw awsome pictures!
LOL ditto that. Only for me it is usually Spanish. Usually tiny fish sketches along the sides of the paper. It was too difficult to work with a full sheet in the classroom so I got into the habit of putting a few papers over it and pretending to work/chat with friends. Then I could take snippets of time to work on a small square of the drawing. It was intended for laughs only but what the heck I'll post it here. It stayed in my binder for several months and eventually turned into this...plenty to add still if I get the desire to try to "finish" it.

DSCN1273.jpg

DSCN1284.jpg

DSCN1286.jpg

DSCN1294.jpg

DSCN1288.jpg

Remember the Hamster Dance website? I always knew it would incite some sort of hamster civil war.

Back