What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drawing anyone?

• Thread starter Nflytrap
  • Start date
Summer vacation over here so I've have lots of...err...spare time to do mostly pointless things. While I usually draw fish this rattlesnake is coming along pretty well so I thought I'd share it. It needs some detail/erasing added in the back, maybe fool with the neck and rattle some more and then I'll add patterning to it...unless I get bored of it first!
DSCN1245.jpg

anyone else sketch during spare time?

Very nice! That takes a lot of patience to do all those scales.

I used to draw back in the days when I had time for such stuff. Maybe I'll post a few later on tonite after I get home.

Well done!

Very good.

I haven't done any proper drawing since before university. I always wondered how some people can't draw though - you just copy what's in front of you!

I used to draw a lot until I went to art school. Ironically since then I haven't done it much... I did it so much it put me off it for a while. Someday soon I'm going to get into botanical illustration.

That's a really good rattlesnake.I suck at drawing,so I don't do it.~Niki~
smile_n_32.gif

once in a blue moon i decide to draw something but i always end up throwing it in the trash :p

I too love to draw/paint. Here is my latest water color.

N. macrophylla
2005-7-12_N.%20macro%20water%20color%20005%20x500.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Very nice drawing Nflytrap and Jeremiah. It does take a lot of patience but extremely rewarding in the end. Hey endparenthesis, what school did you go to?

no way Jeremiah... awesome! you should be a professional

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scupbucket @ July 11 2005,11:15)]Hey endparenthesis, what school did you go to?
Savannah College of Art & Design

Very nice Jeremiah!  I love that.  
smile.gif

Ok...I scrounged around and here are a few of my drawings from back in the days when I had time to draw.  Some of you may have seen these before.

eaglecomp.jpg

Pen and ink.  The one and only time in my life I ever drew something out of a magazine (National Geographic) as purely technical exercise.  I was soundly roasted by my art professor because I could not show it for that reason.

jester.jpg

Pen and ink.  Just a pigment of my imagination...  
laugh.gif

house.jpg

Pen and ink.  This was an old house in my hometown...once a beautiful old farmhouse with gingerbread accents but it was abandoned and fell into disrepair.  It has now completely fallen down and no longer exists.  I'll bet it was once full of family and laughter.

incompRS.jpg

This was never completed.  Pencil.

father.jpg

Pen and ink.  My father when he was young.

kitty.jpg

Pen and ink.  A little kitty that wandered into my room.

I have more but some of them I can't post here.  lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ July 11 2005,11:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scupbucket @ July 11 2005,11:15)]Hey endparenthesis, what school did you go to?
Savannah College of Art & Design
Cleveland Institute of Art on this end. Alright cool... some artsy folks here too. Beautiful drawings PlantAKiss.

I just remembered I had a few things scanned and online...

portrait.gif

bunny.jpg

Ok, fewer things than I thought. I have to photograph some things someday before they turn to dust.

WOW!You guys rock!Your drawings are awesome just like swords clay work.Keep it up!~Niki~
smile.gif

Nflytrap, Jeremiah, great drawings.
As usual, the multi-talented  Suzanne shows another of her many abilities.  She loves dogs, CPs, is kind to children and old folks like Tamlin and I and is a gourmet cook.  Do you do windows?

lol Jan...wellllll...I don't do windows but I do a pretty mean tango with a Swiffer Wet Jet.
laugh.gif

Thanks y'all.
smile.gif

EndP...I love that bunny!! Nice!

I'm not here, as I've just been blown away by the talent.

amazing indeed!
endparenthesis, what exactly is that in the first picture? I see some sort of baby dragon...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ July 12 2005,6:15)]endparenthesis, what exactly is that in the first picture? I see some sort of baby dragon...
It's an "automatic drawing" where you just squiggle on a page for a while, and then let your brain find the image in it afterwards. It's the kind of thing the surrealists were into.

Somehow it felt like a self-portrait, so that's what I called it. *shrug*

Hi,

Amazing drawings. This is no doubt the most talented thread PFT has ever produced. Nflytrap, let's see the fish pictures.

Bobby

Back