Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting new findings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] you mean beakfulls? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    No I don't mean beakfulls. I guess footfulls would be better. But it would grab a footfull of food stick its foot through the bars of the cage and drop it.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. I forget other birds use their feet. Lovebirds don't. And my birds do make a mess when they eat. with their pellets, they lift their heads up and bite on them so pieces go flying everywhere, and with their treats they purpusefully throw away all the things they don't like :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, and I was just thinking... If they have names, doesn't that mean they have a sense of self? After all, for you to realize that a word means YOU, you must know YOU are YOU. :P
    but it was thought that they don't have a sense of self because they "don't recognize" their reflection... so maybe that's not such a good test after all.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some parrots do indeed recognize themselves, but not lovebirds
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Spectacled Parrots are supposed to be able to recognize themselves either
    and besides, that's my point. if my birds have names (they're lovebirds), then surely they must be self-aware right? So if you say they don't recognize themselves in the mirror, then the mirror test isn't a very good test for self-awareness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know, birds have the equipment for some kind of proto-consciousness at the very least.

I saw that Einstein parrot on Leno the other night... very cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12