Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting new findings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, they have names alright [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    I know that my birds know who chubby (my guineapig) is. one day my mom was talking to them and happened to mention chubby, who was below their cage (she wasn't looking at him or giving any other clues) and they immediately looked down to where chubby was.
    They obviously know other words too... like treats, and other things.
    http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs.../birdname.html
    the last sentence is pretty funny. lol You can only imagine what they were telling each other :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting.

Yeah, and I can just imagine what sort of coded "names" my parokeets were chirping me when I forgot to feed them their treats!
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of our african greys would call the dog over by name, and then start dropping handfulls of food out of the cage to it.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you mean beakfulls? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Yeah, and I can just imagine what sort of coded "names" my parokeets were chirping me when I forgot to feed them their treats!
    oh! that reminds me... they still have their little quirks but back then they only allowed one of us to take them to bed (sleeping cage). this time it was my mom's turn (sometimes they only allowed me, others my mom) and she wasn't home so I tried to get them to come with me but they just refused to.
    to make the long story short, she came back late and you should have seen mango. he was furious! he screamed at her and jumped and all of that. it was hilarious lol. then she said she was sorry (still laughing) and he finally finished so he finally jumped on her shoulder so she'd take them to bed.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My male cockatiel, Liberty, has a 10 word vocabulary which he mixes up in sentences. He even combines "Jubilee" and "Liberty" into Juberty or liberlee depending on his mood.

He courts Jubilee by tell her she is a pretty bird, and lots of good mornings, and pronouncements that "Liberty's a bird" or "Liberty's a good boy".

I've learned the meaning of some of his chirps -- particularly the warning call which means anything from someone is on the front porch to I want to go nite nite.
    Diana Pederson
    Michigan
    obsessivegardening.com
    christianreviewer.com
    livingwithcockatiels.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. humans are the stupid ones. They can understand much more than we can.
    it's always a guessing game over what my birds want. We just know they want something. We don't know if they want treats, to take a bath, if they want to come with us, or if they're just insane. LOL. I think they're just insane [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Liberty thinks I am not responding properly to the alarm call by doing one of these things:

answer the door because the mail has come
    check the door for a delivery
    assure him that "those people" have a right to be on the front sidewalk by the street
    or finally, take them to bed,

he comes over and starts tapping me on the chin to get my attention.

Cockatiels are unique flock birds that accept their human guardian as part of the flock. He knows his job is to be my "hearing bird" because I am deaf in one ear. He takes this job very seriously.
    Diana Pederson
    Michigan
    obsessivegardening.com
    christianreviewer.com
    livingwithcockatiels.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's cool. I had a bird in the Dominican Republic with at least a 50+ word vocabulary. He knew the chorus of a song, everyone in the house's names and other words like "Hola" and "Ven Aca" (come here in spanish) he used to mimic my cousin when she was crying and she'd pause and tell him to shut up and sometimes he'd peck someone and then start laughing at them.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast